Super rats

roadkill

Hi :lol:

Although it sounds like ******** i would say that it is possible for a rat to get to that length.What you have to remember is that the tail is included in the sizing of a rat and sometimes the tail can be nearly twice as long as the rat itself. I have caught and shot many rats in and around the buildings on my farm and i have seen some biggins in my time. But the biggest rat by far i have ever seen in my life was caught by myself on my farm about 3 years ago. There had been rats feeding off the scraps that i was feeding to my dogs for along time so i put down some pellets which over the course of the next few days killed them off, I thought!. There was still food being taken so i located the main rat borrow into the doghouse and set a trap. When i checked it first thing in the mornin i could not believe my eyes. This thing looked massive to me so i picked up the whole trap and took it to show my father. When we released it on the floor a quick measure with the tape showed from nose to tail tip it was 18 inches long :good: . Since then i have never caught a rat nowhere near aslong as that. Most of them nowadays that i catch measure anywhere between 9 and thirteen inch. If only i had taken a pic of that massive sod :)

cant see it being bullcrap as its in focus which is a science and technology magazine.... will make good reading im sure :no:

I strongly recommend you get some back copies of New Scientist and Technology Tomorrow and read some of the stuff they were claiming 10-20 years ago.

It would destroy your faith in "science and technology" magazines. :angry:

This is what they are on about now -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/waste/story/0,,1875806,00.html

Back in the seventies I used to shoot rats on a farm outside Newcastle, the largest shot measured 26" from tip of nose to tip of tail. This was when a big scare was on about super rats and Leptospirosis (Weils disease) which a local vet died of.

It was no fairy tale! There was (may still be, its years since Ive been down there) a dump in an old quarry at Harlow Hill that was crammed with the *******.