remy scores an hattrick

simon6ppc

hi guys, my mate stubblerash who also has just put some pheasants down rang me to see if i would give him an hand shifting some foxes,so last night we went out around 10.30 to see what was about.right away we see some eyes around 400 yard away,we called and to my amazement we called this adult dog fox to around 50 yard away and shot it,we called another but that came in behind us but was unsafe for a shot,but **** happens,as we were going back past the first field where we shot the first one there was another adult vixen just led out by it self, this shot was around 250 yard which made me smile as i can try out my new remy once and for all,it just did,nt move as i got it with a cracking hart shot which did sound brilliant,later on another farm we called a biggish cub in long grass that to came within 40 yard which dropped it no problem, its the story of my life ive been doing loads of long range group shooting with my new gun and most of the foxes ive been shooting lately i could have got with a shot gun,any way was a good night and 3 foxes down should save a few birds even though we need to go back soon as there is deffinatley more about , cheers simon...

post-56146-0-01240300-1374162353_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-89283500-1374162367_thumb.jpg

Good result mate , nice to get the trio. Having a hard time with them at the minute , seeing them but just not getting the shot....

this grass is hard work pal, but thats why we called them so close as i could,nt see them as they could,nt see me ha ha.. i always sulk when i shoot them close though not as it matters just i would sooner shoot them at 200 plus as thats what a rifle was made for in my eyes, cheers simon

nice shooting simon. that remy is accounting for plenty of foxes already :good:

ye pal i do like my remy, ive used a 6ppc for the last 12 years which dont get me wrong is a top shooter, but this shoot and almost aim straight at them ish any way up to around 230 yard is brilliant with the 22.250,it just makes life that bit easier, ive had four 22.250,s in my life but this vssf just seems the dogs testeeees, cheers simon....

nice shooting, I missed one at 15 yards last night came out under my high seat and into spring barley, I thought I could see enough but evidently not :lol: fortunately I then had it stand on a pile of muck at 120 yards a few hours later and that was far more straight forward. That had spent 2 hours the night before trying to dig into a partridge pen so I had to stay till it was done, very hard with just a small area of cover between the crops to try and catch them out on

them silly cubs always do things like that al4x,they are that thick that it makes them harder to shoot ha ha.ps i dont hit every thing my self neither, i have nights some times where nothing will go right and i feel like just giving it up, but may be thats why i like it so much as theres no way i would give it up. cheers simon....

Grass is a pain a few years back we had some in a hay field and they kept coming back but it was weird the shooter couldn't see them but the lampman could as he was looking through the grass. I shot one with the 12b by aiming in the middle of the beam, he shot one with his .223 that made a clear patch and then I got another with the 12 in similar circumstances to the first. You just kept loosing sight of them in the grass till they got seriously close. Good fun cubs at times they just kept coming back to the squeak

Grass is a pain a few years back we had some in a hay field and they kept coming back but it was weird the shooter couldn't see them but the lampman could as he was looking through the grass. I shot one with the 12b by aiming in the middle of the beam, he shot one with his .223 that made a clear patch and then I got another with the 12 in similar circumstances to the first. You just kept loosing sight of them in the grass till they got seriously close. Good fun cubs at times they just kept coming back to the squeak

i always seem to know what an adult is gona do, but them cubs i cant read as there green to life,its all fun though, ps them 3 tubs of varget in your profile picture, wish i could get hold of some now, it seems to have gone extinct were i live, even the H380 is drying up now....