Air arms s410 extra fac help

Davyo

Mates just acquired second hand AA S410 EXTRA FAC. Although it is a cracking gun,it doesn't seem to have the safety catch trigger.Is this because it is an early model? If so how do you make it safe,the only way i could see was to leave the bolt back & only engage once you came across quarry.I have told him to take it back to the shop & get them to show him as no manual came with the gun.I told him i would ask you guys, so any advise would be appreciated.

I have ten Rifles and some have Safety catches and some don`t. Three can be de-cocked.

Safety Catch

Hatsan Striker 1000s yes

Hatsan AT 44 10 W yes

BSA Superstar yes

BSA Super 10 yes

Cometa 300 yes

Daysate Huntsman FTR no

Titen MCO 10 no

Logun Solo .177 no

Logun Solo .22 no

Logun Pro MK1 no

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

My air arms s310 has no safety catch and obviously pre dates the s410. Maybe the s410 fac xtra came out before the s410 regular 12 ft lb was out and so was modelled on the s310? Engaging the bolt won't make it safe, it will cock it and make it more dangerous if anything as that bolt will fly forward hard if it discharges and will still fire any pellet in the chamber.

I guess you're going to have to learn some trigger discipline :)

Edited by srspower

Thanks lads, mate has sorted it, he loads & then fires 1st shot into ground, then rifles safe. He is only cocking it when shouldered & quarry presents itself.If quarry does then decide to move he then fires into the ground and does not re cock.Must say this is a cracking rifle & very accurate, he's head shooting at 30/40 yrds & they are dropping like flies. Although a long rifle it is very well balanced.I would'nt mind one myself as i am starting to miss the BSA s10 FAC i just sold.

Thanks lads, mate has sorted it, he loads & then fires 1st shot into ground, then rifles safe. He is only cocking it when shouldered & quarry presents itself.If quarry does then decide to move he then fires into the ground and does not re cock.Must say this is a cracking rifle & very accurate, he's head shooting at 30/40 yrds & they are dropping like flies. Although a long rifle it is very well balanced.I would'nt mind one myself as i am starting to miss the BSA s10 FAC i just sold.

What I do is just load 9 pellets rather than 10 and then cock it pushing the bolt in to the one empty slot in the mag and firing. No need to waste a pellet then and its safer. In fact I usually do that before putting it in the slip at home before I head out so when I arrive all I need to is take it out cock it and its ready to go :)

Why not just de-cock the gun if your target has done one.

(ie) Pull the bolt back take the mag out to stop double loading of pellets.

Hold the bolt out and pull the trigger letting the bolt move forward slowly.

So you are now de cocked and one up the spout.

Next target just cock and shoot then put your mag back in sorted.

Most PCPs without safety catches can be de cocked but some are a pain.

My Logun pro is a pain to de cock has the 10 shot in line mag is spring loaded.

I have to point the gun at the sky and hold the mag spring back to stop it double loading.