Air rifle hunters required.

Ok, as some may remember, I run a small syndicate shooting around East Sussex and a small permission has come up that we will struggle to service over the next few weeks. Too many pigeons and crows, not enough time!

As such I'm looking for a couple of experienced air rifle hunters, or possibly a pair of one experienced, and one less so (thinking father/son type team here), to shoot this fairly hard over the next few weeks, and then maintenance shoot it once the numbers are reduced. It will be shot by other syndicate members too, but also, once I have got to know you (read, sussed you out! :lol: ) you may be offered the option to shoot some of the other land. However, at the moment it is just this land which is a couple of good warrens on a stables/riding school.

You will need to be prepared to shoot this 'out of hours', no shooting while the school is open, basically this is going to mean evenings/night/early morning. The land is just outside Brighton.

I should also say that I will favour members with a half decent post count, experience has shown that if you've just happened upon PW and decided to approach me, you are probably going to prove unreliable.

If you're interested, PM (Personal Message) to me with a synopsis of your experience and willingness to shoot.

Edited by -Mongrel-

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with some people?

In my original post I stated '... that I will favour members with a half decent post count, experience has shown that if you've just happened upon PW and decided to approach me, you are probably going to prove unreliable', so why the Hell do people think they can just send me a PM and automatically be onto a bit of shooting?

Latest one is a Polish fella with a post count of exactly zero, and who's PM apart from contact details amounts to...'Hello,I have BSA R10 Mk.2 and I am BASC insured. I am member of Swallows target field club. I am experienced hunter with shotgun but in Poland where I come from.'

Surprisingly I've knocked him back, as somebody said, there must be too many places to shoot in Sussex as I've had to put a couple of local lads who already have 4 perms on it just to get the ball rolling, but better that than a random who I can't even get a gauge of!

It's a pity your too far from me mate, thats a great offer of some qualty shooting by any standard.

Would have loved to have taken the chance of a few weeks good air gunning, what ever time if day it was.

Plenty of experience with air rifles over many years and I currently in the market for a new Huntsman Regal

or a MK4. But alas as per norm all the great offers are always just a little out of reach

Good luck on your search, though I thought you would have had more interest with this generous offer.

DD

This such a good offer although being a member for a few years with a post count like mine Mongrel would knock it back, but then distance is also an issue. I am sadly not surprised that people expect to just go and shoot with no effort expended. They should go knock on doors deal with the rejection so that when you get a "Yes" it makes it really worth while.

Just in from watching some Roe deer and a few fawns in a glorious morning but did not pull the trigger once.

Good luck with the search and if I was closer I'd make a serious offer to help out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This such a good offer although being a member for a few years with a post count like mine Mongrel would knock it back, but then distance is also an issue. I am sadly not surprised that people expect to just go and shoot with no effort expended. They should go knock on doors deal with the rejection so that when you get a "Yes" it makes it really worth while.

Now there's an assumption. What would actually happen would be I'd take a look at what you have posted and then have a chat wit you by PM. At worst case, by posting over an extended period of time I would have you down as a serial lurker! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Hi my name is Evan I am a good hunter along with my ferret I use a combination of long net ,air rifle and ferret. I only have one ferret (the other fell in love with my friends jill and decided to stay with him)and he is at his best for about 4 hours then it's down to stalking. My best shot count was 85 rabbits in one morning and that made me feel guilty so if you need a hand I am very keen to help. You can E-mail me at icestation1@yahoo.com.

Kindest regards,

Evan