10" over all length Damascus knife

matt fieldcrafter-uk

ok the latest damascus is finnished and ready for sale . The I tire thing is made by me , the Damascus knives I make are a hobby and not commercial or anything to do with what I make for a living !!!!

over all length of 10" with 5.5" blade made of 120 layers of nickel steel and spring steel .

red stag antler with buffalo horn spacers and 200 year old iron guard and pummel with brass ball .

the sheath is english shoulder and snake skin with brass button .

price is £300 with free uk recorded delivery .

image_zps9b833712.jpg

image_zps235a8897.jpg

image_zps0ccb10b1.jpg

image_zps875f61bc.jpg

image_zps49348098.jpg

image_zpsf4a8ebe3.jpg

image_zpse128b9f5.jpg

image_zpsee8126e9.jpg

image_zps15073277.jpg

image_zps68453332.jpg

I came very close to buying this the other day,but it is to nice for a working tool,i went for one of Matt's fieldcrafter knives,i opened it tonight,and you can tell Matt knows how to make quality knives,mine is a fantastic testament to a knife makers skill.

Whoever buys that Damascus knife won't regret it.

I don't normally comment on posts of this nature unless I am buying, but by god what a cracking blade, I use mine for gralloching etc and frequently loose the things so wouldn't take this out and about, but what a blade for a collector, you have amazing skill and patience......

Edited by crazyfrog

Thank you folks !

I would keep it but bills to pay and everything .

If I can keep finding homes for them I can keep making them .

When I'm In the process of making one I can't wait to get it finished to see how it will look , the second it's finished I want to make the next !!

I have one last big billet of ladder pattern Damascus to make .

There's enough for a really big knife or maybe two at a push . My intention was for one large and the billet has been forged as such .

I'm in the planning stage of that knife , what theme , style , shape grind and materials to use .

I has hoped to use gold etc on it but I don't want it so expensive it won't sell .

Thank you again