Which scope???? HELP

ride4fun

They're fine for a .22, but if you're happy to spend £250 don't waste it on high mag and side focus. You won't need it. Fixed power - 6X42 or 7X50 will be perfect. And with your budget you'll get a nice fixed power S/H Meopta/S&B/Leupold with money to spare. You don't really need that sort of quality either to shoot 70 yds, but the chances are your first rifle will not be your last so you'll never regret having a good quality fixed power scope in the cabinet. Start as you mean to go on.

Some people like mildot reticles on a .22 though I'm not fussed. I'd prefer as little clutter as possible.

if you can afford it mtc genesis with amd reticle,mag to high, but a great scope,with the best imo reticle out there for a 22,you want a scope with half mildots for your holdover points so you know your distances,failing the genesis id go for a hawke with half mildots

You could get a secondhand meopta meopro 4-12x50 for that money or alternatively buy my edgar brothers optimate 6x44 for £80 posted with mounts and buy a lamp and bi-pod with the rest.

Pretty sure the meopro is parallaxed for 100 yards so it may not suit a .22 on higher mag, closer range.

the hawkes are very good value for money ....... the mtc range of scopes will not suit everyones eyes so try out first, if you can find one the bushnell legend 5-15x40 is a very good scope :good:

ps if anyone tries selling you a s/h tasco on here be very carefull :no:

I think you will get all sorts of different views about scopes , but it will come down to personal preference and then there is the myriad of reticles to choose from. Shooting at the .22 range you will not need super high magnification. Mine is a 1.5 - 5 mag and is parallax free at 50 yds and have no problem with any targets. Gimlet's advice is spot on, you will always keep a quality scope as you upgrade your first rifle.

Pretty sure the meopro is parallaxed for 100 yards so it may not suit a .22 on higher mag, closer range.

Most decent quality scopes are parallaxed at 100yrds as far as I'm aware as most companies assume a decent scope will end up on a cf. I used a meopro on my .22lr for quite a while and couldn't fault it at any rimfire range.

I've got a cheap leoupold Chinese 3.5-10 x 40 copy on mine£35.00 delivered. Parallax down to 15 yards. Shoots ok up to 50 yards. Also got a Leapers 3-12 x 44 on the .17. That's ok out to 200 yards. But I'd go for something not too big mag but quality glass. There's some Nikon glass going cheap. I had a fieldmaster on the .17 for a while. That was a good scope.

you will find most people will recommend either what they have or what they would like,

you will find for the lr range most 3x9x40 scopes will be just fine £100 is more than enough for an lr scope then you have £150 to spend on lamp kit etc,

my scope cost me £75 for my lr and its all i need for shooting rabbits at 50-60 yards

colin