clarification

the last engineer

:unsure: :) ok somebody here fill me in on the one and only gonad growing PM who, so it would seem on the world cuircit has grown a pair, whats with all the " you will abide by the rule of the land " speak, has he realy stepped up to the plate or is it another passable atempt to wow the masses, fill me in i needs to know if i can get back in the country now :lol:???

Martin

I only guessing here ok, but as he will be handing over to gordon the moron soon, and presumably he feels a bit guilty what with hanging on to the throne by his fingertips for longer than everyone wanted, a bit of land of hope and glory coupled with we will show jonny foreigner whats what speech will secure the next election for Labour.

It won't.

LB

I only guessing here ok, but as he will be handing over to gordon the moron soon, and presumably he feels a bit guilty what with hanging on to the throne by his fingertips for longer than everyone wanted, a bit of land of hope and glory coupled with we will show jonny foreigner whats what speech will secure the next election for Labour.

It won't.

LB

I agree with every word LB, especially the last two :unsure:

I am sure he could care less about how tenuous his current position is, he's made sufficient high-profile political blunders (as has his wife) to finish him, yet he's in a position now where its somewhat preferable to ease him to one side naturally than oust him in a Labour party damaging leadership challenge.

He's already achieved what he set out to do, he has his historic third term and has done most of the things he intended to do since he came to power.

Total ******** that he is

I think you are confusing what we perceive his legacy to be, and that which he will dine out on for the rest of his life.

He was already an incredibly successful barrister before he "took up" politics, a very driven man who found out just how foolish being the prime minister actually is.

When you forget what we think, and we put ourselves in his shoes, he's had the top job for years, has been compensated for it handsomely and will feel he has done his best with what he had to work with. It was a job for him, just like any of us have, only he was more ambitious and power hungry than most of us.

I don't hate him personally, I hate the political system which allowed him to come to power, and the lack of political accountability which prevents us from removing him.

I'm not confused at all Pin, what I was trying to convey was, that regardless of what he intended for the country, his reputation as a politician is now on a par with that of Maggie Thatcher. The only difference being that no-one ever accused Maggie of being spineless and cow towing to Brussels. He may have been a brilliant barrister but he is still guilty of standing by whilst his back benchers carried out a class war which, as we all know ended with undemocratic legislation being passed forced through illegally using the Parliament act. He is also guilty of allowing his government to pass knee-jerk legislation to appease the electorate (the ban on hand guns) and then, when it was obvious that the said legislation was ineffective, failing to repeal the act for fear of, again, upsetting the electorate. These are just a few of TB's failings in a long list far to extensive to go into here.