Hugget Shrouds/ moderator

deputy dog

Just on the verge of buying my first Daystate rifle albeit a few weeks away. Now i know these rifles are very accurate an silent with the standard MK5 carbon silencer.

But after reading a few reviews on these new Shrouds /Mods etc and seeing the the hefty price tag for them. Its got me wondering are they worth the money as an active accessory ie reducing the sound even more, then sticking with the stsndard MK5 carbon mod. Or are they just another glamour and glitz bit to make your airgun look good but with out any proper working function.

DD

The Mk5 Airstream is good enough to be honest Gar but if you want something that is that little quieter and is that nicer to look at then get a Huggett Shroud and Silencer.

I've got Huggett Shrouds and Belita silencers on both my Huntsman Classic and Air Ranger rifles but got a Mk5 Airsteam silencer on my new Ltd Edition Forester rifle.

Both will do a good enough job for you mate.

ATB.

The Airstream MK5 is pants-if you want quiet then try the weihrauch offering-quite a few Daystates have been supplied with poor quality adaptors (the 2 threads are misaligned) but as long as yours is ok you should have no problems-does add a bit of length to the gun though. Take your gun to a dealer and try one.

Haha Daystate boy indeed, he defo likes his rifles though fair play to him.

If I buy and Hugget shroud/moderator Terry, then it will be a little later on in the year bud.

It's going I cost a packet actually buying the gun plus a few accessories and at about £125+ for a standard

a shroud an standard moderator it's not cheap buy any standard.

But in all fairness I'm such a good shot that I don't really need a moderator as the target is nearly always dead

so will not be able I hear the shot lol hahaha.

What day are you going to the Midland Gamefair then Terry, I'll be going on the Sunday as I did last year, so if

you are going on that day, then we can make a time an place to meet up for chat over a tea an bacon roll.

Gareth

Haha Daystate boy indeed, he defo likes his rifles though fair play to him.

If I buy and Hugget shroud/moderator Terry, then it will be a little later on in the year bud.

It's going I cost a packet actually buying the gun plus a few accessories and at about £125+ for a standard

a shroud an standard moderator it's not cheap buy any standard.

But in all fairness I'm such a good shot that I don't really need a moderator as the target is nearly always dead

so will not be able I hear the shot lol hahaha.

What day are you going to the Midland Gamefair then Terry, I'll be going on the Sunday as I did last year, so if

you are going on that day, then we can make a time an place to meet up for chat over a tea an bacon roll.

Gareth

:lol: Its ok you lot down South have got plenty of cash. :lol: Think we are going on Sat but not sure will pm Mark to make sure. Will pm you my mob and meet up if its the same day.Its Marks turn to buy the teas :lol: if it mine i'll bring a flask i'm to tight to pay their prices. :lol::lol: atb Terry

Edited by eccles

Haha Terry you made me laugh with that loads of money down South Joke lol, i work for the council not own it lolol. But it does sound a good idea to take a flask though bud, even im to tight to buy a tea up there lol.

Yes no worries about the number i'l send mine through on PM in a mo.

Atb

Gareth

Haha Daystate boy indeed, he defo likes his rifles though fair play to him.If I buy and Hugget shroud/moderator Terry, then it will be a little later on in the year bud.It's going I cost a packet actually buying the gun plus a few accessories and at about £125+ for a standarda shroud an standard moderator it's not cheap buy any standard.But in all fairness I'm such a good shot that I don't really need a moderator as the target is nearly always deadso will not be able I hear the shot lol hahaha.What day are you going to the Midland Gamefair then Terry, I'll be going on the Sunday as I did last year, so ifyou are going on that day, then we can make a time an place to meet up for chat over a tea an bacon roll.Gareth

We'll be up on the Saturday Gar-cant make the Sunday myself.

See you then hopefully.

We'll be up on the Saturday Gar-cant make the Sunday myself.

See you then hopefully.

Unfortunately Mark we will defo be going on the Sunday as per the norm with the people I'm going with.

I would have preferred Saturday as I could have been out with my new rifle Sunday. But the people

I go with have been going on Sundays for years now. Never mind though mate we'll cross paths one day lol.

DD