Best 3" non tox goose cartridge for non steel proofed gun

Well I used a non-steel proofed Berretta with HP steel and I still use many other non-steel proofed guns with it (many were made before steel proof existed). No more than half choke at your own risk though, inspect the gun for soundness first. To be honest I think a good 30% of wildfowlers do likewise, it going to be hard to convince me that say a pre-steel magnum proofed Spanish gun cannot take it. You could always put it in for re-proof but they will shoot far greater pressure than required through it.

Thanks for the advice guys sweet! No geese for ages yet but your right the gamebore 70mm Steel in 4 shot size is a good duck cart shame they add to the plastic junk in our seas though :( fibre wad would be nice ;)

Fibre wad with steel shot now where have I heard that before :sad1: I wonder if any body from Gamebore reads these posts

Well I used a non-steel proofed Berretta with HP steel and I still use many other non-steel proofed guns with it (many were made before steel proof existed). No more than half choke at your own risk though, inspect the gun for soundness first. To be honest I think a good 30% of wildfowlers do likewise, it going to be hard to convince me that say a pre-steel magnum proofed Spanish gun cannot take it. You could always put it in for re-proof but they will shoot far greater pressure than required through it.

Kent this must be a kentish thing as we are both of the same opinion