Thimbleby 10AM christmas eve

Lord Geordie

Where the heck is thimbleby...

You know I am in scotland (Edinburgh) will be there on friday.... this week.

I will let you know bud. I will call if I can come..

otherwise.. the inlaws got ahold of me.. and will no doubt embarrass me to all heck.

:good:

otherwise.. the inlaws got ahold of me.. and will no doubt embarrass me to all heck.

:)

Jon its near northallerton just off the A19 :lol::lol:

:)

Jon its near northallerton just off the A19 :lol::lol:

P.M'd him but he can't make it ;)

He is in Bonny scotland for said dates :/

I will get to meet him one day i guess (maybe when he brings my Bacon) ???

LG

I'm in Newcastle for then, fancy meeting up and a lift down LG? I have to be back for 6 for my regular session down the piper though :lol:

Yeah i am up to giving you a lift if you can stand the cold as the heaters don't work very well :)

Oh and there's no radio so you will have to play I spy for entertainment :lol:

LG

How forward that must have sounded, I meant I was offering the lift :)

Will be up there from the Sat, so if you fancy any rounds at steve smiths I will be up for that too ???

Thought i was TALKING about your car :lol:

Yeah sounds great i can do a round or two at steve smiths too :lol:

What time you free on Saturday? may be worth a warm upo round before Thimbleby as it's been a few weeks since i was out shooting.

LG

Met up with LG down at steve smiths yesterday and shot terribly a few rounds of DTL and ABT, then redeemed myself with a 23 on the skeet I think it was.

Then just got back from Thimbleby having met up again with LG, alison (and hubby), Hawkeye, Kdubya and some others.

Great ground with some very interesting targets, mind the organisation let the ground down towards the end as the traps started to run out of clays, were moved when filling so they broke off the traps etc :o

The first 50 birds were excellent, it was very cold but we shot the first 50 in under 25 mins, keeping warm. Then it all ground to a halt with our squad half way through a stand so we had to wait. Then we had another long wait out in the open and everyone got cold and a bit miffed, followed by another wait and two stands which had one bird each of a sim pair missing.

Still was a great day and we enjoyed it up until the end, but its Christmas so who cares :lol:

Again!

Yes a good day a good giggle some good shots some bad shots some **** shots :good:

Froze our ***** off waiting for Lurch to fill the traps and had Pugsey buttoning :beer:

I just knew i should have taken my O/U instead of the SbS :lol:

Still as John says it was a good day out (better than being stuck indoors)

Thanks to all the lads who turned up :o

LG

Kdubya and myself had a quick cuppa to try to warm up then keith and his mates left to go for a drink.

I hung about for a while to see you guys and have more chat but got a call from my son they were waiting to have a norwegian brunch and he was starving.

But Stine his better half said he had to wait for dad to get back so would i get a move on.

So sorry LG pin and Alison + Ian her better half, that i had to leave you freezeing your you no whats of... :lol: :o :good: but it was nice to see you all again (Pin for first time ) Martin did he hit any :beer:?:/?? :beer::beer::lol::lol::beer:

I think we all had our good stands and bad we all got off to good starts

Ians first a full 10

Alisons first 9

Mine was about 6 or 7

And Pin (John did well also i think he was about on a par with me

Then as the stands went on again we did well on 2 and 3 but then i started to waine and after about the 6th stand we got pee'd off waiting for trap top ups and had to wait near 25 mins to get one imparticular topped up and we got cold which i think affected us all. The cold and the break from the run kinds threw us off.

Poor John got the brunt of it though on 2 stands Alison Ian and myself all shot and then on Johns turn he got 2 or 3 clays and the traps ran dry :o

I know John finished on about 52ish

Me on 43 :lol:

Ian and Alison both over 55 too i beleive which upon further investigation is a GOOD score for the grounds.

Next time i want to take the O/U to see if i improve with that?

LG