Mallard or Teal?

strangford  wildfowler

:lol:

I shot a R&L at pintail,(they're scarce my way) so they went straight into the freezer to eventually go to the taxidermist. So I have no idea what they taste like!

They taste no better than Mallard or teal (indeed they often feed on tiny marsh snails that float just subsurface and then taste quite bad, you can smell it while cooking sometimes). My comments were more directed to the thread question (indeed I prefer a coffee at morn flight over a Scotch)

:lol:

I shot a R&L at pintail,(they're scarce my way) so they went straight into the freezer to eventually go to the taxidermist. So I have no idea what they taste like!

I only ever shot two pintail, they were a right and left and they were delicious, for some reason I kept mixing them up (identification wise) with shelducks. My pair came in on the night of dec 31st 1992 and my old dog brought them both back together. I quit shooting completely then, for the previous 6 years I'd only been out on New Years Eve. But back to the original post, teal or mallard I love teal and mallard, like everyone says mallard are bigger hence easier to hit than teal but teal are tastier. I was also very partial to wigeon, too.