Fox and horse Poo

Cosd

Don't let him off the lead until its corrected. Walk him by it and tell him off when he goes for it. Mine rolled in poo once, she got a boot up the backside a telling off and hasn't rolled in it since. She used to eat horse poo so again on the lead walking round the horse poo. She soon got the message when I told her off everytime she went for it.

Don't let him off the lead until its corrected. Walk him by it and tell him off when he goes for it. Mine rolled in poo once, she got a boot up the backside a telling off and hasn't rolled in it since. She used to eat horse poo so again on the lead walking round the horse poo. She soon got the message when I told her off everytime she went for it.

Thing is he's done it on the lead too. He's always sniffing about and when he finds it he drops like he's been shot. Usually before I can do anything.

Of course if I do spot it and he's near it I give him the "leave" command and that's usually enough, but the issue is me seeing it first.

Ok,this worked for me,if he rolls in fox **** the moment he does it (and not a moment later) shout and growl at him grab hold of him ( now be brave) put some fox **** on your finger let him smell it then hit him on the nose.When I got home he would be tethered to the garden table let him smell it again then he had the cold mains from the hose pipe to wash it off ( be careful in cold weather so it doesn't lose too much body heat)

This may sound harsh to some and you could just try the first step to see how you get on but trust me,if you have a working terrier they are scared of nothing.It still took a while but in the end he got the message.

As for eating horse ****,I let him,he was normally off the lead when he did this and saw it as a game when I shouted at him.They get bored after the first few kilos lol

Thing is he's done it on the lead too. He's always sniffing about and when he finds it he drops like he's been shot. Usually before I can do anything.

Of course if I do spot it and he's near it I give him the "leave" command and that's usually enough, but the issue is me seeing it first.

Then when he drops you give him firm discipline until he doesn't drop then allow him to go off the lead. Go walk him around a horse field.

Then when he drops you give him firm discipline until he doesn't drop then allow him to go off the lead. Go walk him around a horse field.

That's simple enough, I have one at the end of my garden.

Thanks for the tip. I do tell him off if I catch him at it but never thought to actually go looking for it for training purposes...

That's simple enough, I have one at the end of my garden.

Thanks for the tip. I do tell him off if I catch him at it but never thought to actually go looking for it for training purposes...

My girlfriend has horses so I just walked mine round on the lead and shouted and grabbed the dog etc until she left it :)

yeah i need to do this with mine as he goes buck wild when he enters a field of cow dung! on the up side a good tip for removing the stench of fox poo is rub tomato ketchup into the fur before rinsing off or launching your stinky pal in the river for a swim as it kills the smelly enzymes :)

My dog has got into the habit of rolling in fox and horse poo at every opportunity. Not a great look and pongs the house out especially the fox poo.

He gets a bath once a week anyway but last week he had 4!

Is there any way to curb this behaviour?

you can't stop your dog rolling in **** when its on the lead??. You do know you hold the other end of the lead don't you?.