wind direction?

stiggy84arsenal

In general do you guys have a preferred wind direction, or do any of you get better flight lines when its blowing in a certain direction? Also Iv been trying to work out witch way the wind needs to be blowing so its on ur back but ur not looking to the sun?

Any thoughts?

Sun rises in the East and sets in the West, so you always need the wind direction to be coming from the suns' position at the time that you're going to be shooting. Odd exception to this rule is noon in midsummer as sun is 'overhead' for a few hours in reality. Hope this helps.

Regards Remmyman

Edited by remmyman

As I am sure you are aware 90% of shotgun use is about swing…some people use measured lead, some pull through the bird, some just flick the gun at the right moment and some don’t do any of that….lol

If you try and put your self with the wind on your back then yes the birds do generally come in to the wind,

I prefer a quartering wind and use it so I can then swing both ways…

If you try to shoot birds coming straight to you then one little flick of the bird’s wing and they will be off never to return…

With a crossing bird then if you miss with the first shot then the gun is going roughly in the right direction..

I never fuss to much about the sun as it is what it is...

You just have to work out what is best for your style…

TEH

As I am sure you are aware 90% of shotgun use is about swing…some people use measured lead, some pull through the bird, some just flick the gun at the right moment and some don’t do any of that….lol

If you try and put your self with the wind on your back then yes the birds do generally come in to the wind,

I prefer a quartering wind and use it so I can then swing both ways…

If you try to shoot birds coming straight to you then one little flick of the bird’s wing and they will be off never to return…

With a crossing bird then if you miss with the first shot then the gun is going roughly in the right direction..

I never fuss to much about the sun as it is what it is...

You just have to work out what is best for your style…

TEH

I'm with that .