NS50 - keeps blowing fuses?

Merlin64

My NS50 has become unreliable , it keeps blowing fuse after fuse . Luckily I carry my Challenger to clip onto the scope .

Any suggestions or ideas to resolve this issue?

I rang nitesite to ask for some more fuses and they still have not sent me any over 2 weeks ago now .

Blowing fuses tends to be indicative of another problem.

If its in Warranty take it back, if not ask advice form NS or send it back for repair if you are not electrically minded!

Its not in warranty , and already been returned once due to a faulty power lead . Got some fuses ordered off e bay but to be honest I find my pulsar challenger better and easier to use . plus it does not light your face up. If I get the NS50 running again I will try it again but I have to say I found it very disappointing in the field , its just not robust enough . The battery connections are just not robust enough , I have had to solder them in myself, as they kept coming loose . I regret buying it at £400 I could have got a dedicated night scope built to a tougher spec . guess you live and learn.

Not all the cheap chinese batteries are correctly regulated. I would rather pay the money for the nitesite or deben li-ion batteries than take a chance.

Some folks have fried their nitesites by using those little blue batteries. Plus, if you have problems nitesite will replace faulty items foc.

Thanks I agree its a big investment and I thought using nitesite products would be better than chineese imports . And no I don't have plenty of money Mr Peek At, just an ordinary working man .