Can someone explain the attraction of watching cycling?

SO3isme

Have to agree with your second line as the first clearly defines you as within that category.

I'd have thought the original post fairly easy to comprehend? It seem that others managed it?

"Moral of that story is that if you ride/drive like a numpty be careful what the other, legitimate, road users are doing"

So out of curiosity who are the illegitimate road users? If I've read it wrong, and I may have done, then I'm big enough to take it in the chin.

I totally agree with the point about riding up the inside of buses/HGVs/left turning vehicles etc, it's suicidal and something I witness too often.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, around my neck of the woods its very popular for cyclists, narrow country roads.

This harvest I, unintentionally, nearly cleared up a mob of them, met them 4 abreast, many deep, wrong side of the road and me in one of these..... fendt_i.jpg

I wasn't driving fast, they certainly weren't looking, a couple ended up in the hedge and one managed about 30 yards on the front wheel of his bike alone, legs flailing and his plums planted firmly into the front stem.

They then descended on me like a pack of lycra coated honey badgers, as if it was my fault.....nobbers

Someone said what a hero when all I said was id had a couple of near misses and ****** a few of over the years

He'll think your a super hero

Someone said what a hero when all I said was id had a couple of near misses and ****** a few of over the years

He'll think your a super hero

It's in the explanation, I didn't **** them off, I just came around a corner with 20+ ton of big equipment and they weren't looking where they were going, talking and looking over shoulders to see who was trying to pick pace up.

I'm surprised the forum militant violent cyclist hasn't budged in yet.

Calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack. Jump on a bike and do some fitness, it may help reduce those stress levels :good:

Bagsy, I do ride a bike, I also ride a motorbike and I drive a car, what I don't do is ride/drive with the manic banality of those that think road rules are for other people...I dislike bike fascists immensely.. :yes:

The only issue i have with cyclists is when the think its perfectly acceptable to ride past my house at seven AM on a sunday morning shouting to each other. I doubt they'd be happy if i set up a hide near their chuffing house and started letting loose. I sometimes go out in my pants and tell them to shut the #### up.

The only issue i have with cyclists is when the think its perfectly acceptable to ride past my house at seven AM on a sunday morning shouting to each other. I doubt they'd be happy if i set up a hide near their chuffing house and started letting loose. I sometimes go out in my pants and tell them to shut the #### up.

Now that is a frightening thought!!