barrel lenth

shippers2

I am not going to say 'do a search' again [private joke]

So..

CZ cut them (or produce them) with 16" barrels,

Minimum legal is 12"

Optimum is reckoned to be (depending on who you listen to) 14"

I had mine chopped to 14" and find it even more accurate than it was before, it wasn't exactly inaccurate to start with.

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/features/136776/How_important_is_the_barrel_length_of_a_rifle.html

Here's a good article on barrell length and the effect it has, it is a potentially complicated task though so a risk/reward assessment might be in order ie what will this cost against what will I gain? Is it worth just looking at getting a carbine if a shorter gun is desired?

I agree with all above.... Only one other thing to bear in mind. Think about how much barrel will be sticking out beyond the woodwork. For a front mounted mod it only needs to be enough to expose the thread. For an over barrel mod, you need more barrel exposed.

At the end of the day it is the overall length of the barrel including the moderator that affects how convenient it is to swing around. For me, the shorter the better and I have both 14" and 16" with DM80's.