Something has changed?

aister

A while ago I started to notice that I was missing easy shots with my BRNO .22 so I set up a target at my usual 60 yards and was quite surprised at the groups. The rifle was zeroed but the group was a smidge over 2". This was with winchester subs which I have always used. I took the scope and rings off, took the stock off and everything looked fine, put it back together and the groups were just the same. Yesterday I took advantage of the nice day and tried out some different ammo, Winchester subs, eley subs, CCI subs and CCI segmented. Here is the results, 10 shots each at 50 yards.

post-29954-0-91720000-1380458977_thumb.jpg Win subs.

post-29954-0-27190300-1380458998_thumb.jpg CCI subs.

post-29954-0-12062700-1380459013_thumb.jpg CCI segmented.

post-29954-0-27493700-1380459031_thumb.jpg Eley subs.

I noticed something was was wrong around about the time the winchester box changed from light blue to a fancier black box and also when I looked on line I found two other people having accuracy trouble with their .22's, both were using winchester subs, probably coincidence as as far as I am aware nothing has changed about the win subs except the box design. Has anyone else had any trouble with winchester subs?

There are a lot of people complaing about the new WInnie subs.

I changed to Eley, mainly as I already had a brick in the ammo safe, but the difference is significant.

I also made a point of running a brass brush through the barrel a few times before I rezeroed, and it made a real difference as the group is just a ragged hole at 50yds.

The main difference I noticed between Winnie and Eley before the change was that I got quite a few more zingers with the Eley, and the Winnie's appear to have a larger hollow point.

The photo's pretty much mirror my experience. We know I can't say this because each and every barrel is different, but (and whereas you're on a winner with Eley anyway by the look of it) if you've got the inclination, you could just try SK. Don't worry too much about their MV as over the chrono their consistency was way, way better than any of the others, was as advertised and was actually quicker than all of them.

A while ago I started to notice that I was missing easy shots with my BRNO .22 so I set up a target at my usual 60 yards and was quite surprised at the groups. The rifle was zeroed but the group was a smidge over 2". This was with winchester subs which I have always used. I took the scope and rings off, took the stock off and everything looked fine, put it back together and the groups were just the same. Yesterday I took advantage of the nice day and tried out some different ammo, Winchester subs, eley subs, CCI subs and CCI segmented. Here is the results, 10 shots each at 50 yards.

attachicon.gifa1.jpg Win subs.

attachicon.gifaa1.jpg CCI subs.

attachicon.gifaaa1.jpg CCI segmented.

attachicon.gifaaaa1.jpg Eley subs.

I noticed something was was wrong around about the time the winchester box changed from light blue to a fancier black box and also when I looked on line I found two other people having accuracy trouble with their .22's, both were using winchester subs, probably coincidence as as far as I am aware nothing has changed about the win subs except the box design. Has anyone else had any trouble with winchester subs?

The old white box stuff always shot fine in mine and another guy gave me a box of the latest black box stuff (they were good) so I bought a brick. Took them back next day they were poop and my gun wouldn't even eject 50% of them (cz bolt action - done all sorts no issues ever). Never got an answer but BWM refunded dealer no quibbles