Sky satellite dish

Lampwick

Bashed my dish with a ladder this afternoon and I haven't got a signal.

When climbed up to look at it the casing (is it an LNB?) at the bottom had dropped a bit so I pushed it back in. Still no signal. I've undone he connectors and put them back in still no signal!

Any ideas? Have I killed it? just knocked it out of allignment? ,,,if so what next? Do I buy a new LNB? If so any ideas where and which?

Cheers

Unless you have damaged the LNB, should just be alignment. I used to explain that it was like trying to find a 30 watt lightbulb miles away in space.

So a small bump could have messed it up? I may have bashed it an inch or two.

The signal tests showed nothing for signal 1 & 2! I have already bought the new LNB but that's ok as it's a multi room one so I will be using that!

If when I put that in it still doesn't work is it just a matter of pointing the thing till its ok or do I need some magical electronics?

Cheers

So a small bump could have messed it up? I may have bashed it an inch or two.

The signal tests showed nothing for signal 1 & 2! I have already bought the new LNB but that's ok as it's a multi room one so I will be using that!

If when I put that in it still doesn't work is it just a matter of pointing the thing till its ok or do I need some magical electronics?

Cheers

An inch or two in digital alignment terms is like pointing at a different planet !

Get yourself an alignment tool and dial it back in to where it should be pointing.

Details available on line - just search or post something on here.

• 2 weeks later...