sheds been done

lampro

been out all day for my daughter birthday party, out all day yesterday taking my eldest back too Uni, been to knackered to sort my shed out until this afternoon, went in and my air rifle petrol hedge cutter and angle grinder are gone, can I claim on my insurance for new kit even though I don't have a receipt propper pist off

pretty sure you'll come unstuck regarding the Air Rifle as under the VCR act it should have been locked away in a secure place.....I doubt the insurers or the Police would say outside in a shed is a suitable location for storing an Air Rifle.

Best of luck with your claim though.

pcso visited today, I call it a shed but it's more of a work shop building, I asked the question regarding was it an ok place to of stored my rifle. The psco said it was as secure as a house so there was no problem with storing it there, if it comes through it will be kept in the house in future locked away, thanks for the heads up tho if I don't get a refund claim so be it btu would like to think that as my insurance covers all my property in my shed garden and house it should be insured checked out the revised VCR act 2006 and I carn t seem too find anything regarding storage of air weapons

Edited by lampro

pcso visited today, I call it a shed but it's more of a work shop building, I asked the question regarding was it an ok place to of stored my rifle. The psco said it was as secure as a house so there was no problem with storing it there, if it comes through it will be kept in the house in future locked away, thanks for the heads up tho if I don't get a refund claim so be it btu would like to think that as my insurance covers all my property in my shed garden and house it should be insured

That's good then.....fingers crossed

Hope it all gets sorted for you and the thieving scumbag get caught selling your stuff !

cheers put the feelers out for the hedge cutter know a few travellers and farmers around here if they get it offered too them, going to keep a look out on other sites and the carboots on sunday