fac

rrw

hi can any 1 tell me how is the easiest way to optain a fac. i already have a shot gun licence and have been told i need to join a gun club or obtain permission from a farmer to shoot on their land. i have enquired at my local shoot and its an 18 month waiting list to join, has any one got some pointers please. thanks mark

Edited by rrw

You need 'a good reason' to possess a firearm. Either you have land that you have written permission to shoot over for the purpose of controlling vermin/ Fox. You may wish to take up Deer Stalking in which case you'd probably need to do a Deer Stalking course and be mentored or you wish to join a Target shooting club in which case you would need to attend a probationary period before being given full membership.

It's not a case of an easy way to get an FAC, it must be for a reason so, even if you get land to shoot over, you still have to state what your quarry will be and what appropriate calibres you require to do the job. There's plenty of info on the stickies on this forum and also on the BASC website so research is your friend :)

If you already have permission to shoot somewhere get farmer/landowner to write letter stating that he wants vermin/deer/fox to be controlled by you. Fill in FAC application and put down details of your permission. Any problems filling out application there are plenty on here who can help you out.