pro flap

GingerCat

I thought I would try the pro flap from a1 decoys.

Very impressed. They took minutes to assemble and fix to the rotary and being very light the battery lasted almost twice as long as it normally would.

Now the interestig bit, they worked very very well, I saw at least twice pigeons changing direction from over half a mile away (binos were employed) and home straight in.

There was a gentle breeze abd cloudless sky so not my fav decoying situation but still bagged 37 and to be fair they were attracted by the pro flaps. Was set up on stubble. Quite impressed and thought I should share a decent product.

Edited by GingerCat

I'm glad you put this up. I asked a question on these a while ago, but nobody seemed to take interest. These look more "pigeony" to me than the hypas, but many people swear by the hypas.

How are they for carrying ?, do you have to give them tlc or can you just stuff them in your bag ?

Do you think they would be ok on a bouncer ? The promotional you tube clip seemed better than sliced bread on their action.

I folded them back up and stuffed them in my bag, light as two shell decoys. Didn't make any noise when moving, certainly none to scare the birds. Pretty sure they would go on a bouncer quite easily as they just slip onto the rotary and screw tight.

They moved about a fair bit on their own but worked great on the rotary, the day was fair from ideal but I am certain I only decoyed what I did thanks to them. And I am not a big fan of magnets if they can be avoided.

The only set up required is slipping a wire thru some loops on each wing and there is the benifit that the wings etc won't come off.

As I say they worked as well as a real bird does and weigh nothing so the battery lasted Mich longer, all day in fact when it normally does about 3 hours with dead birds.

Edited by GingerCat

Hmm now your asking, left them at parents as I'm moving up in a couple of weeks whilst the house sale goes through and I transfer jobs. I think they are flocked but to be fair the wings are what seems to bring them in, they are waxy paper and work great, bit like a flapper on a rotary if you see what ii mean.

I would hedge a bet they are flocked but until later this month won't be able to confirm.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair from A1 Decoys and on the second outing I broke the two wires which go through the wings. Altogether about 7hrs spinning. I had to buy two more wires from them and they cost £10 a pair so I wasnt impressed.

On the positive side they certainly brought the pigeons over to have a look and from a distance they look very realistic. On my 3rd outing I shot 147 and I had more pigeons than normal over them so they do work. If any body knows where I can buy the spring wire cheap let me know

I bought a pair from A1 Decoys and on the second outing I broke the two wires which go through the wings. Altogether about 7hrs spinning. I had to buy two more wires from them and they cost £10 a pair so I wasnt impressed.

On the positive side they certainly brought the pigeons over to have a look and from a distance they look very realistic. On my 3rd outing I shot 147 and I had more pigeons than normal over them so they do work. If any body knows where I can buy the spring wire cheap let me know

Are you sure they are WIRE?

I use Carbon Rods from the fishing float manufacturing process on my Hypa Flaps.

Are you sure they are WIRE?

I use Carbon Rods from the fishing float manufacturing process on my Hypa Flaps.

I tel A1 Decoys today and they confirmed that they are Spring Steel. On the day in question one of the wings stopped working and when I had a look the wire on one side had broken. About 2hrs later the wire on the other Decoy had broken on one wing. I kept the Rotary spinning and it still continued to pull in pigeons but I think that any rotary would have worked that day. Anyhow the wire has a twist in the middle and it was at the base of the twist where they both broke. I wonder if they have applied heat to this area to make it bend easier and it has taken the temper out the steel and made it weak. The steel is about 1.5mm and working on the theory of probability it will happen again!