First gun choice?

11josh112

Hi, need help choosing, going to be shooting clays, and dont really want to spend no more than £700 and fine with buying second hand.

Guns i have been looking at ate -

Lanber sporter

Bettinsoli

Miroku 800

Browning b325

If you could say about the guns if thers any good or bad points about them and which is best, thanks

Lanbers are okay, but the only one I would consider would be the Browning B325. The barrels are not chrome lined though.

You can get a far better Miroku MK38, Browning 425 or Beretta for that sort of money -all with chrome lined barrels.

You need to shop around more. Your area might assist with advice of where to shop.

id happily say the beretta ultralight is another good choice, had it for two years and have put a stupid amount of cartridges through and not a single problem to date!!!

Where can i get one for £700? I'll have 2!

Lanbers are okay, but the only one I would consider would be the Browning B325. The barrels are not chrome lined though.

You can get a far better Miroku MK38, Browning 425 or Beretta for that sort of money -all with chrome lined barrels.

You need to shop around more. Your area might assist with advice of where to shop.

AS above, fit is key.......

Another Miroku fan here.

A browning, but cheaper basically.

Mine's an old 7000 sporter, don't know if the barrels are chromed, but they are gleaming and perfect even after 21 years in service!

Pick a gun that fits, that has been looked after, and if possible get one of the "big 3" (Browning, Beretta, Miroku)! All the advice given to me recently when purchasing my first gun!

One other thing to consider, is it steel shot proofed? I started with a bettinsoli delux ( great gun for the money it cost me) as I could not afford what I wanted ( Beretta eell). Well managed to find an old side plate beretta 687 el, stunning gun, light handles superb, fits great and I love it- down side, Well Ive just had to get another shotgun as I have started wildfowling. The beretta is 2 3/4 inch and not steel proofed and non steel shot is getting expensive. At the time didn't think I would need the steel, but now do. Also with the way thing are going who knows what the future hold regarding lead.

Some of the older guns are great buys, and are made superbly but its just another thing to consider if you are thinking of any duck/goose shooting.

Regards