FROZEN STEEL SHOT WOOD PIGEONS WANTED

Honeybrook

Hi,

We are looking for FROZEN STEEL SHOT WOOD PIGEONS. We pay .50p per pigeon and collect from all over the UK on a fortnightly basis with the exception of Scotland which is once a month. The pigeons must be shot using steel and then should have the wings and feet cut off before being frozen. The minimum we could collect is 50 at a time but we have no upper limit and we take them all year round.

Please feel free to give Guy or Dave a call on 01386 830089 to discuss or arrange a collection.

We will try to get back on here as much as possible to try and answer any questions but if we have not got back to you please just give us a call.

We also take rifle shot Rabbits and Hares we pay £1 each for Rabbits and £2.00 Hares.

We are also going to try taking Steel shot Mallard we will pay £1.00 each.

Edited by Honeybrook

Hi,

We are looking for FROZEN STEEL SHOT WOOD PIGEONS. We pay .50p per pigeon and collect from all over the UK on a fortnightly basis with the exception of Scotland which is once a month. The pigeons must be shot using steel and then should have the wings and feet cut off before being frozen. The minimum we could collect is 50 at a time but we have no upper limit and we take them all year round.

Please feel free to give Guy or Dave a call on 01386 830089 to discuss or arrange a collection.

We will try to get back on here as much as possible to try and answer any questions but if we have not got back to you please just give us a call.

I have a freezer full of lead shot ones at the moment , but once they are gone I will stock up on steel and you can have them once its full again .

Do you pay cash on collection ??

To those who are contemplating shooting Woodies with Steel shot, I shoot a good few each year for a friend who keeps and breeds falcons, the going rate is 50p per bird as offered above, but I would recommend that you go for a pretty heavy load.

I use 32gram 4's or 5's, and I've tried pretty much every steel load on the market, believe me, some kill a heck of a lot better than others.

The best ones I've shot to date are Rio's, they kill exceptionally well when compared to others, no idea why, they just seem to work well through my 3/8 choke in my Benelli Supersport.

I have found however, that no steel load will kill as well as a comparable load in lead, you will get more runners and / or pricked birds and your kills to carts ratio will not be as good.

Also, steel loads are very often dificult to obtain, and the price has crept up over the last couple of years, they no longer have a significant price differential against lead loaded shells, which I can't quite understand, as we've all been told that the reason the price of carts has gone up so much recently has been entirely due to the price of lead.... :lol:

Cat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Regards pigeon, the answer is in their text ...

Edited by hoggysreels