Max 4 camo jacket?

adam f

I have had the new deerhunter jacket for a couple of weeks now and no complaints. It is not a thick jacket but like you say you can layer up which is what I do. I was out this morning in the p*****g rain and came home dry. It was to replace a prologic jacket which I liked but the zip gave up on me.

http://www.montrosegunsandtackle.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=135&product_id=3318

I`m sure you`ve checked this already, but is Max4 the most appropriate camo for your marsh?

I only say this because I can remember when the original Wetlands pattern came out some years ago. Thousands of fowlers rushed out to buy this pattern `cos it said "Wetland". In point of fact this camo was site specific to the vegetation of an American inland freshwater marsh where it doubtless worked very well. Howevr, on a UK coastal marsh, since it contained an awful lot of yellow, it stood out like a demented banana.

I`ve always reckoned the Max4 pattern to be too dark and use a deerhunter jacket in a woodland pattern that blends in well with the vegetation colour wise, if not for the species of plant depicted.

Just a thought.