marital advice needed.

novice cushie shooter

Did you really come here to be told what to do.

You've already got your answer in mind and it's not a happy ending .

Good luck mate and has your Mrs always been like that or has she turned .

I've only ever had two threats to my marriage me and her parents and if you can't work out how to win you lose.

Now that's clear try talking to her.

John.

It's not as black and white as taking sides or backing one against / over the other.

Why prevent the grandchildren from having access to the grandparents? Going along with that for no reason (i.e. when the grandparents aren't lunatics or boozehounds) is just plain weak and the OP is right to call it into question.

Growing up, I loved going round my grandparents - I got to do everything mum and dad would say no to. It was my grandparents who got me into shooting and got me my first airgun at 14.

Also, when I was in trouble at home, I would use the grandparents as a bolt hole. I remember an incident involving a can of paint and I was starring at a whooopin and a half, so I jumped on my bike and made a break for the border. That safety net / safe harbour of someone within the family is (I think) invaluable.

Good times.

You speak some sense Mungler, have you ever thought about being a brief?

I spent loads of happy times with my grandparents and feel sorry for my kids that my parents and my wifes parents are all divorced.

I think the OP should grow some, tell the bitches the way it is and kick in a few doors Burnley-style. :good:

Spinach its been festering for a few years now. I put up with it for an easier life so to speak, didnt work so as ME says need to grow some....

I posted because i wanted to gauge if i was over-reacting or not,more to aid my confidence i think and i was pretty sure somone here would have been through the same or similar.

Since your parents are not lunatics, and there is no bad blood between tour wife and parents, your wife should put up with them. It is the least she can do to honor the people who made the existence of her husband possible, developed his character and looked after him. What makes her believe that it is her right to isolate you and your kids from them? Is she going to be happy if you forbid her parents from entering your house or them accessing your children? It works both ways, you know...

Since your parents are not lunatics, and there is no bad blood between tour wife and parents, your wife should put up with them. It is the least she can do to honor the people who made the existence of her husband possible, developed his character and looked after him. What makes her believe that it is her right to isolate you and your kids from them? Is she going to be happy if you forbid her parents from entering your house or them accessing your children? It works both ways, you know...

Absolutely right, be a MAN ..... Have a heart to heart with your wife.