American Pit Bulls

Mungler

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart - I was formerly Clayshooter. A number of people mistook me for Glen Flood (I think that was his surname). I was flattered, but got slightly fed up with the abuse and accusations, so I reverted to my own name. Only chose Clayshooter as I shoot clays and, at that time, most people had a nickname.

I have no other names unlike a few who inhabit these Forums. Some who seek to disrupt openly boast of numerous aliases. All a bit sad.

Indeed, ring the bell, it has to be thread closing time.

I remain surprised that in a disucssion forum people get quite so upset when others refuse to see a subject or situation 100% their way. That is not reasonable behaviour. In any discussion or argument there are points to be made and taken on both sides.

I remain unconvinced that I would want a pit bull or indeed a bull terrier as a pet. That is my opinion. I do not dislike or hate or feel compelled to throw insults at any who disagree with my view.

I take YP's point that "banning" anything does not work and the more you ban the less civil liberties society has as a whole (that is what I took the Sieg Heil can you smell gas comments to mean) - look at hand guns and in particular look at recent events - the amercian pit bull that killed the girl was a prohibited dog under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Fat lot of good that piece of legislation is and that attempt to "ban".

Is now an appropriate time to call GordonR a gaylord?

Baldricks comments were both insulting and unfounded. That isn't reasonable behaviour.

Classing all Bull Breeds of dog as Pit Bulls is like classing all members of the legal profession as robbers :good:

OK, Hod, I got your point..... I'm big enough and ugly enough to be able to apologise. I'll try to restrain the urge to make sweeping generalisations in the future - my wrist has been duly slapped.

I still stick by my point that London living (yes, it's stupid) has somewhat tarnished my views on who owns such dogs, and why.

Let's ring the bell, before FM gets too comfortable on his sofa.

Cranfield - I was not referring to Pigeon Watch, but I am a member of several forums, which have been plagued by multi- identity idiots. However, I was a little surprised by Mungler's "Is now an appropriate time to call GordonR a gaylord?" - it reminded me of an idiot who called himself Ronny. I do not know what Mungler was referring to and wish he had the courage to explain himself.

Gordon, the "Gaylord" comment was a tongue in cheek reference to being unreasonably abusive following your post that I was stupid and without credibility (your post calling me a **** was later).

I have never gone by the name Ronny or any name other than Mungler. I did recently try and register at another forum under the name "Badtemperedhumourlesspottymouth" but that name had already been taken....

Staffs and other Bulls seem to be like a necessary item for those of the stripey jumper and rockport brigades.

Anyone that has one of these dogs and have children need to have their heads tested.......

Evidence is strong enough to show that they will turn....................

Just coz you want a "hard looking" dog, is it worth the chance that you might just come home one day to find it hanging from your 5 years olds face...................

I am a memeber of several forums, which have been plagued by multi- identity idiots.

it reminded me of an idiot who called himself Ronny.

Thanks for reminding me Gordon, all the reasons I walked away from that t*ssers playground that was once a decent forum (Guntrader) are coming back to me.

So how come I remember you joining there, and all those shinanigans and I can't even remember what it is I am supposed to do for a living :good: - don't answer that BTW.

OK, Hod, I got your point..... I'm big enough and ugly enough to be able to apologise. I'll try to restrain the urge to make sweeping generalisations in the future - my wrist has been duly slapped.

I still stick by my point that London living (yes, it's stupid) has somewhat tarnished my views on who owns such dogs, and why.

Let's ring the bell, before FM gets too comfortable on his sofa.

Apology accepted. :good:

The offer of a severe licking (in the true sense of the word) is still open if you want to come up to Norfolk and meet my dog :no:

Cheers :good:

Chris.

Stuart - it's probably because of my sparkling wit and winning personality. I rather foolishly got embroiled in a long running thread - about 110 posts. Paul Rosendhal made a fairly poor racial joke, I said I didn't think it was appropriate and a number of people tried to give me a bit of a verbal going over. I over-reacted to Paul's humour - I have seen his posts since and think he is a decent person. However it started, it got a little silly. You are right about some trying to bring down the Guntrader Forum. I still think they pop up every now and then - in fact, there is one over there now.