Handgun ranges? Yorkshire

houlsby

Houlsby, I am secretary of a HO approved club near Maltby, J1 M18. We shoot BP pistol, air pistol and LBP/ revolver. Please feel free to contact me via here or PM if you are interested in more info.

Unfortunately, LBP / LBR and large mag s1 shotguns may only be used by the certificate holder. The law is crystal clear; I've had direct discussion with the HO on this matter. I really wish it was different and I'm personally doing all I can to change things.

Remember, there are no consequences if the police get it wrong - there ARE consequences for you or me!

Kind regards and safe shooting

Andy

Lodge PIstol Club

Houlsby, I am secretary of a HO approved club near Maltby, J1 M18. We shoot BP pistol, air pistol and LBP/ revolver. Please feel free to contact me via here or PM if you are interested in more info.

Unfortunately, LBP / LBR and large mag s1 shotguns may only be used by the certificate holder. The law is crystal clear; I've had direct discussion with the HO on this matter. I really wish it was different and I'm personally doing all I can to change things.

Remember, there are no consequences if the police get it wrong - there ARE consequences for you or me!

Kind regards and safe shooting

Andy

Lodge PIstol Club

That confirms my understanding of it.

Thanks for the post.

ATB

It must be different here, visitors can use the clubs handguns.

• Visitors must be accompanied by a member.
  • You should brief your visitor on simple range etiquette, including inappropriate attire (i.e. No camouflage clothing to be worn at the ranges).
  • If possible, visitors should be briefed on basic range safety before their visit.
  • You need to leave details of your visitor, such as name and date of proposed visit.
  • Your visitor on arrival will need to sign the attendance sheet and pay a £10 visiting fee.
  • If they are using club guns then they must use club ammunition as supplied.
  • The visitor will be allocated a visitor's pass, which must be returned before leaving the range.
  • The pass number must be recorded beside the name of the visitor in the sign-on book.
  • Remember: Your visitor must leave when you leave!

Ordnance, seeing as how you're so keen to promote our ability to use handguns over here, why don't you invite the man over for a shot? Get to know him a bit and do another shooter a good turn. You know you want to.

What I posted below is not promoting my ability to use handguns, it is comparing the laws in this part of the UK compared with other regions of the UK.

It must be different here, visitors can use the clubs handguns.

I did not say anything about me using handguns I posted about visitors using club firearms.

• Visitors must be accompanied by a member.
  • You should brief your visitor on simple range etiquette, including inappropriate attire (i.e. No camouflage clothing to be worn at the ranges).
  • If possible, visitors should be briefed on basic range safety before their visit.
  • You need to leave details of your visitor, such as name and date of proposed visit.
  • Your visitor on arrival will need to sign the attendance sheet and pay a £10 visiting fee.
  • If they are using club guns then they must use club ammunition as supplied.
  • The visitor will be allocated a visitor's pass, which must be returned before leaving the range.
  • The pass number must be recorded beside the name of the visitor in the sign-on book.
  • Remember: Your visitor must leave when you leave!

why don't you invite the man over for a shot? Get to know him a bit and do another shooter a good turn. You know you want to.

Saying you have brought it up maybe you should invite some over to this part of the( UK ) to do some shooting you being a club oficial you should have no problems. Maybe its just me, but i would need to know someone better than some posts they make on a internet forum before I would be inviting them anywhere.

Edited by ordnance

As a club official, military RCO and weapons trainer I have sufficient credentials to take someone shooting. I was making reference to the fact that every time this subject appears, you always make a point of our laws over here in the North. The guy was asking about handgun ranges across the water and not over here. This would have been the perfect opportunity for you to show you aren't just a copy and paste wizard, but you've missed the boat.

The guy was asking about handgun ranges across the water and not over here. This would have been the perfect opportunity for you to show you aren't just a copy and paste wizard, but you've missed the boat

I didn't see in the post where it said that you couldn't discuss other options. I thought he asked about handgun shooting in the ( UK ) in the post bellow. The last time I looked Northern Ireland was part of the UK . :hmm:

Is there still anyware in the uk you can turn up and shoot same as in America?

Edited by ordnance

"Is there still anyware in the uk you can turn up and shoot same as in America?"

Within GB, you cannot normally, simply turn up at a HO approved club and shoot. The HO rules for approved clubs specifically preclude doing that. You are NOT allowed to shoot on your first visit.

You can turn up at a clay ground and 'have a go'; provided that they are suitably authorised - Section 11(6).

Alternatively, one could be invited to a HO approved club 'Guest Day' or, one of the miniature rifle ranges which are exempted from the need for certification {Section 11(4)}.

Outside of a club/range environment Section 11 (5) exemption applies in respect of shotguns and Section 16 (1) in respect of rifles, with the limits, as explained in each of the respective exemptions.

By the time you've read through that lot, either in the original Acts and Statutory Instruments or, latest Guidance, you'll probably want a cup of tea or a stiff whisky. 'They' don't like to make it easy for us!

Andy