Beretta chokes

OGGIE

OGGIE, Beretta chokes have notches in the end and normally letters and stars on the side. The important letters are SP which denotes that they are steelshot proof.

The number of stars or notches denotes the choke and the more of them the less choke there is.

I am currently using the 3 notch one in my 391 auto and i reckon this to be 1/2 choke.

It is a case of changeing them to the ones that give you the best results for the type of shooting you are doing.

:D

The latest extended Beretta "Optima" chokes for the upgraded 682 are all colour coded as follows:

Red - True Cyl - (Pretty Damn Open)

Blue - A touch of choke (A bit tighter than true cyl)

Yellow - Improved Cylinder (The old "Quarter Choke"), good enough for 99% of clays, OK for woodies over decoys.

Green - Half Choke - (Will smoke most clays, and perfect for clean kills on all woodies)

Black - Three Quarter choke - (More than enough for any clay that flies, and will kill cleanly any woodie that comes within range).

White - Full Choke?? - (I don't know as I hav'nt got one, and unless you are shooting geese at 75 yards, you will never need it).

The moral of the story is, don't over choke, you will be surprised how well Quarter choke will kill most things that fly, and don't be taken in by the old argument that a tight choke produces a longer shot string because the birds will fly into the pattern - ask those that tell you that to prove it....!!!!!!!!!!!

Good & Safe shooting...!!!