Been offered a shotgun

spandit

A friend of mine is selling a shotgun that he doesn't use since buying a pair of Aya's. It's an E.M. Reilly SBS box lock 12 bore, non ejector (which is fine) but with 30" Arthur Conyers barrels. He had it in auction recently with a reserve of £400 which it failed to reach. He says I can have it for £350 which is cheaper than anything similar on Guntrader, although they don't have replacement barrels.

It fits me, which is unusual, although the stock extension isn't perhaps as sympathetic as one might otherwise want, having a bright orange buttplate on top of a block of wood which in no way matches the rest of the stock. It's nicely sanded in, mind, and might benefit from refinishing.

Any thoughts? I have one picture of the engraving if it helps

Unless it has been reproofed there is/was an 80% chance it is 2&1/2" as were the vast majority of guns of its period , so I was going on that assumption .

Ah, you missed the bit where it was rebarrelled. Unless my eyesight is deceiving me, this shows a chamber length of 2 3/4"

null_zps740e83c9.jpg

What does BNP stand for? I'm assuming I haven't bought a Neo-Nazi gun ;)