How to get a fox

Darno

Hi mate

Just keep baiting an area in the evening and trust me they will take the bait and will return , make sure you have an ideal shooting position to cover the area baited.....safe backstops etc .

BandQ sell a battery operated security light which lights up when tripped ,put that near the bait and you'll get him.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

A fair bit depends on the land and surrounding areas you are intending to shoot the foxes. You could tell a bit more about the circumstances? Have you got a suitable rifle? Or a friend with such a gun and an open ticket with permission?

If you know where Charlie is you could do worse than get a few mates together with shotguns and flush him (them) out?

Edited by Whitebridges

Have been baiting for a few days but the night I went out it was heavy hail so didn't see a thing! I will keep trying i think! I have a mate who has a lot of experience but would really like to bag it myself as it the landowner has lost lots of chickens and has pregnant alpacas who are spooked very easily by them! Cheers for the advice tho!

I will keep you posted on how I get on!

Best way is let me sort it, I work shifts so plenty of free daylight hours, where are you :good:

Oh yeah, I'm in Cornwall, where are you?

One of my permissions is a llama farm where the owner witnessed a fox trying to drag away a newborn llama, in the last 18 months I've taken care of 38 foxes and it's only about 15 acres of ground .

Another good idea which I picked up from reading other guys ideas was a piece of polystyrene rubbed up and down glass which has slightly wet ... A brilliant idea and works well for me.

I'm in the Berkshire area

One of my permissions is a llama farm where the owner witnessed a fox trying to drag away a newborn llama, in the last 18 months I've taken care of 38 foxes and it's only about 15 acres of ground .

Another good idea which I picked up from reading other guys ideas was a piece of polystyrene rubbed up and down glass which has slightly wet ... A brilliant idea and works well for me.

I'm in the Berkshire area

They are really defensive animals and usually ward off any foxes, but he had a real problem with them here!

Will try and get out this week and will let ya know how I get on

Cheers for the replys

One of the things I've learnt over the years is you cannot move an inch while waiting for good old Charlie to appear , he has a habbit of turning up from a different angle than you planned ..hence no movement which I can imagine at -2 can be very difficult mate .

Stick with it mate and don't forget the smellier the rabbit the better.