DSC1 - WEEKENDS

wildfowl jon

Hi Jon, I've just checked the British Deer Society website - they keep track of the accredited courses and the earliest is mid-March for the DSC1.

There's a range near me that run one (I know people who've passed and gave it a thumbs up too). I'm considering getting myself on this one as it's only ten miles down the road and it runs just before the end of Feb.

Not too far away from you as well...

http://www.coriniumrange.com/courses/

Hope this helps.

passed the corinium one .did it in october well pleased paul is a top bloke .his missus makes the cakes for teabreak and its a sound course .he goes at your speed and no question is daft .its intense in the classroom but then you realise everyones helping each other without realising it.recommend it to anyone :good:

I'm booked at Corinium over weekend of 22/23 Feb. Very impressed with Paul, friendly and professional and came across very well in the two telephone conversations I've had with him. The Corinium course does extend to the Monday morning (written and range tests), but the close proximity (10-miles away) combined with course dates and the range having over head cover (any fool can be uncomfortable :P) clinched it for me. If you don't mind travelling a bit further, Jelen's course has an excellent reputation, includes a learning CD and access to online learning one can work through before-hand and runs from Friday night through Sunday afternoon (a very close second choice for me and would have saved a day off during the week, but added cost with realistically needing B&B for 2-nights and would have to wait until March).