Starlight Arrow

barney 66

Anybody know much about the new Starlight Arrow digital add on thats supposed to be coming out the end of january ? sounds good and looks compact hence the reason I havent purchased D vision, look forward to hearing any reveiws if anyone gets the chance to test one before they come out,

Thanks barney

Seems to give archer performance from a unit that works in a similar way to an archer but is digital rather than tubed. If it's as good as they seem to think it will sell very well

already spoke to julian and he told me if you think its similar to an archer you will be very disappointed. I went to starlight 2 weeks ago to pick up some stuff and i asked quite a few questions. Its using a watec 902 board cam which is very good but will not match good gen 3.

Mine is on order will let you all know when it arrives

they start at 350 and go up to 850 the top end sound good

i will be using it for rabbits on my LR so went mid range at 500 was told that ideal for rim fire ranges

will see

Colin

When you hoping to get it ? I am very keen, I do understand that they won,t match gen 3 but if you never had gen 3 then I wont be able to compare,

Thanks barney

Some very good diy,s so I have heard but not all of us have the know how and those that have don,t give away there secrets due to the time and money spent developing in case they take it further and sell, so by the time the likes of me and others have looked into it and spent money on bits we don,t need and then tweaked what we do then sometimes better to buy something working.

I take my hat off to those that spend there time developing there diy,s and I can,t blame people for not willingly giving up there hard earned secrets, I kow there is a few that do give details out and fair play to those as well

is that with ir, as i was told 2 models only and each has option of with or with out ir

yes it's with ir think there is about 6-7 models

When you hoping to get it ? I am very keen, I do understand that they won,t match gen 3 but if you never had gen 3 then I wont be able to compare,

Thanks barney

was told they will contact me end of January

I'll stick with my diy for the moment then, 300 yards shootable and 400+ spotting using the x searcher. Digital needn't mean shabby performance, maybe the big names will cotton on eventually?

went for the arrow as i like the idea of carrying gun over shoulder and using arrow as a nv monocle like the archer what al4x let me look through then when you spot your quarry just slipping it on to scope and shooting traditionally as i don't like the idea of carrying a big screen on my gun however good it is and looking at screen to shoot

just my personal preference

colin

Edited by colin lad

think il hold out if i were you, ive been told by starlight only 2 models! colin lad saying there is more! perhaps there could be and would be worth spending the few extra £££ and wait

i am not clued up on night vision so some of what he was saying went over my head ( technical talk ) lol

but i think there is 2 different boards what ever they are and then about 3 models of each he did ask if i want ir pill or laser he said he prefers laser but after all the talk on here about the ir pill i went for one of them,

maybe someone of here with a good technical knowledge could give them a ring and then post it on here in laymen s terms

he did say that they will shock proof it so i can put it on my cf if i did want to try it on it but i want it manly for my lr/hmr and rabbiting,

i told him i had looked through a archer and he said the model i have ordered will be as clear a picture as the archer but din't mention if it will spot as far

if any of that makes sense

colin

Edited by colin lad

tubed and digi completley different!

the info i got was

£350 model plus ir if you want it

£750 model plus ir if you want it

which kind of equates to 2/4 options

was told less than 100 people have left a deposit and plenty availble and wont be out til end of jan early feb.

£350 i think is worth a punt and recon if they get a mad ruch like the photon you could easily get your money back

i personally wouldnt buy there ir as no doubt there is cheaper and better on nightvisonforum

i don't like the idea of carrying a big screen on my gun however good it is and looking at screen to shoot

just my personal preference

colin

Have a look at my diy build in the diy section, i rather laughingly nicknamed it the ohmlaut, through the scope so no tv screen and a 600tvl resolution, better than whats on offer off the shelf currently.