FAC air rifles

njc110381

I seem to remember reading in an old airgunner some time ago about stalker rifles. They had one that pushed out over 250ft-lbs if I remember correctly. It was available in all sorts of calibres too, like .38 special etc. They packed up trading a few years back I think, but does anyone know much about them?

With .22 pellets you have a limit, mostly because of supersonic pellets tumbling and being inaccurate, on power.

However, if you up the calibre and the projectile weight you can easily send something which doesn't reach supersonic speeds with way more than 200ft'lb of energy.

Not common, but such weapons exist. For example the "chicken cannon" they use to test aircraft windscreen's are often air powered ???

I was takeing a look at your links.. the second like you posted had this.

High Power Models:- .308"/.375"/.45"/.472/.50" Calibre

100 - 340 ft.lb.

omg....

price was over 2k!

better off getting a rimmy .... why bother???????

There is also a pneumatic rifle called the Barnes Pneumatic range of rifles with all sorts of calibres and they go up to about 500+fpe IIRC....but I think that was in something like a .45 or something close... ???:angry::angry:

There is also the DAQ they use for hunting (denis qackenbush i think) in 308 and .50 cal and like you say the Barnes

And the Career can be taken OVER the 100FPE as can the Talon (american gunpower range) it's all about the modifications made and of course your air source.

It's not that rare the Austrian army were using Air rifles IIRC before 1900 i think that were firing lead balls (musket velocity) with good accuracy and killing power.

This MAY interset you it's a good read and SHOWS how old air powered guns really are and how effective they were hundreds of years ago

ENJOY

Also there was a Battleship that used Air to fire the shells from it's guns though it's name eludes me (senility)

LG

just went on the daystate website for the uk, and they make the air ranger at 80ft/llbs in both .22 and .25 calibre:

http://www.daystate.co.uk/air_ranger.htm

Works out at £1085 for one though! Surely you could get a good rimfire or .177HMR a lot cheaper (I am speculating as have no clue on rifles beyond 12ft/lbs so if i am being stupid please say!)? Also what would the point of such a powerful air rifle, what range would you get out of it?