browning 725 aftermarket chokes

affinity121

Moderate apparently , quiet open . But the ds chokes do read very open .

I am going to pattern the browning 3/4 choke (0.13 ) against the muller U2 (0.12) just to see

No disrespect Alistair but you've just spent £154 on two aftermarket chokes without even pattern testing the original Browning chokes?

Don't get me wrong, it's your money, but wouldn't it have been wise to check the original chokes first? Browning know a thing or two about these things, and I'm pretty sure their chokes throw perfectly good patterns.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you that poontang I can completely see your point there . The main problem I was trying to overcome with aftermarket chokes was the gaping hole in Brownings choke constrictions .

Brownings DS 3/4 choke is 0.13 constriction and the next tightest is the full witch is 0.38 . This leaves a big gap of a 0.25 of a inch constriction .

In conventional choke size terms that is like shooting with a cylinder choke 0.00 constriction then deciding to you need a little more choke . After looking through your chokes you realise that the next useable choke size you have is a 5/8 with 0.25 constriction .

Now in my eyes 0.25 is quiet a jump and was merely trying to bridge the gap that browning have left so to speak . I am sure this is what Affinty121 was also trying to overcome .

My personal choice was the mullers as the weigh nothing are easy to clean and the look good in the end of my black gun :)

• 2 months later...

I have never had time sorry , the only day off i had in 5 weeks i spent shooting pigeons :/

Id be interested in the results if you manage to get around to doing it please.....

Just picked up a black 725 today, cant get out to shoot it till next weekend :/

Nicky is a top guy to deal with too ;good:

I use 2 x U2's most of the time - I have a U3 that gets used in the second barrel for Trap stuff when I remember to fit it - I also have a U4 that I haven't used yet - I really should try the U3/U4 combo sometime !!

I'm not too sure on these aftermarket chokes (for lead shot)..... They are just slightly tighter than the standard factory equivalent choke there replacing..... So why not just put your tighter factory chokes in....

Edited by chrispti

Guest cookoff013

i can honestly say that chokes and shells are a personal thing. i love to crush targets. not clip to take out the edges of clays etc.

i bought lots of chokes and i used alot of different shells,

i chopped the beretta i had for a MK70 then went to buy more chokes again. i am a briley man through and through, the teagues i have seen are absolutely of the highest quality. the brileys i have used have been of very exceptional quality. both makers have dominated the market just due to quality. thats good. my browning invectors factory are just standard, and not exactly awe inspiring.

so i went shopping, i bought a full / full set. the chokes are solid. these are the chokes i use 99% of the time, if i`m letting friends shoot i open them up to cyl / cyl, because i know we`ll be hitting close, face on targets. i usually use 24g#9s but could be shooting anything from compx21s to others 24hv EXPRESS.

after getting the f/f set, i cant actually be bothered to buy any more, i may consider a new briley cyl / cyl set for steel skeet as thread protectors. the mandal (sp) set i got are not even in the same league, or sport as the teague / briley. i recolect i bought them here for £5 for the pair.

• 2 months later...

I've just bought a Muller U2 & U3 for mine and my first shoot on sunday with them I set a personal best in a registered comp. Whether this was down to the chokes I don't know but I find them to be better kills at distance compared to standard chokes but still seem open enough on closer targets.

I might have a play on the pattern plate this weekend and see how they compare.