browning 725 aftermarket chokes

affinity121

It is also good to know people have been shooting 5`s with featherlights for years with no damage .

Thinking about it is a american shot size 6 not an english 5 anyway ???

So there are people on that thread that have been shooting american 5`s witch is english 4`s with no problems , but anytime i am on a duck drive i will have to think twice about shooting my usual 3" steel 1`s

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the sound of thing you should be fine for the odd pheasant shoot, as long as your not putting thousands of cartridges of no.5 or below through them??

My problem would be I use RC and Gamebore cartridges which are continential shot sizes anyway and the fact I will be putting around 2k game rounds through them a year.

Don't really want to shell out 75 quid a choke if they arent up to the pheasant job and additionally could it also damage the barrels if the choke malfunctions ?

I will aslo be shooting RC 5`s but will only be using around 200-300 cartridges a year . I wish i shot 2k game cartridges in a season :/

He seems honest , i had read quiet alot on that forum but missed the shot size part .

If jimmy has been shooting steel 2`s and 3`s bearing in mind they are american shot size , i would say continental 5`s in lead should be no problem at all . Remember they are selling the waterfowl choke and the americans get these cokes a lot cheaper than us

I will aslo be shooting RC 5`s but will only be using around 200-300 cartridges a year . I wish i shot 2k game cartridges in a season :/

He seems honest , i had read quiet alot on that forum but missed the shot size part .

If jimmy has been shooting steel 2`s and 3`s bearing in mind they are american shot size , i would say continental 5`s in lead should be no problem at all . Remember they are selling the waterfowl choke and the americans get these cokes a lot cheaper than us

He seems like a good guy from the things I have read. - I really want to give them a go as I shoot clays and game quite a bit but dont really want two separate chokes for the job. I wouldnt want to wait another 6 months for the waterfowl invector ds so may just buy the feather lites and see how they go. As you have them what are you currently running ? U2 and u3?

Not suprised as larger shot won't move or crush as easily as smaller sizes and creates a lot of force on the choke tube, not only trying to swage it bigger but also trying to push it out of the gun. Been a few reports of steel proofed Wildfowling chokes getting stretched to the point they are difficult to get out of the gun.

Figgy

Yep 3/8 and 5/8. How did you find them in the old citori ?

Nigel confirmed there are no lead shot or load size restrictions on them. Steel proof up to half choke.

Suits my needs well for bigger game loads in lead over the Muller's.

Pheasant shooting this weekend so will try them out if I have them by then. Fingers crosses :)

Easy one to answer really with only two choices.

I) Buy the cheapest available as a choke is a choke is a choke. Some claim to be very light and/ or clean., neither attributes would influence my choice and that particular make have had longevity issues which may or may not have been resolved.

ii) If you are that way inclined buy the ones that "look the coolest" Seriously it appears that some people buy aftermarket chokes on what they look like!

IMHO no different make or style of choke will add one single kill to your card or bird to the bag.

Couldn't agree more.

To find 'true' choke you need to get onto a pattern plate and count the pellet strikes in a 30" circle, only then can you really find what your gun/choke/cartridge combination is chucking out.

There's plenty of info on the net about this, including a pretty good piece on the BASC website.

Moderate apparently , quiet open . But the ds chokes do read very open .

I am going to pattern the browning 3/4 choke (0.13 ) against the muller U2 (0.12) just to see

Should be next to no difference. Be interesting to hear your results as to the patterns thrown.

Figgy