Scope upgrade advice

Alpha Mule

I'm looking to better the Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x50 I currently have on my T3 Lite 22.250.

The maximum of x9 is a pain and I'd like to have a higher resolution. I have Hawke 4-12x50s on my Rimmies, but the quality of image at the higher end isn't much cop.

I'm looking to spend about £200 ish. I like the look of the MTC Mambas, but have read some conflicting opinions.

I appreciate that I MIGHT be able to get a decent second hand something-or-other, but am short on experience of knowing the ins and out of stuff such as which models were built in different countries - thus deciding which is the best glass, etc., etc.

All advice is welcome.

Look on the dreaded evil bay. Picked up a nikon buckmaster 6-18x40 with BDC for £132.00. It's very good on my .17hmr. It would be good on a 22-250. Just stay away from the China unbranded C@@P. Have seen some very good scopes go for peanuts on there.

There are plenty of scopes up to 12x or 16x for £200 New, and of course a much wider choice if you include used.

General guide

Budget scope almost without fail tend to lose clarity as you move up the magnification, so if you want a budget scope and 12x mag then consider a 16x scope, as a rule they will tend to still be ok around 12x.

Daft though it may seem, the glass on these is exceptional for the money and will compete with many a £200 scope easily..... http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-jsr-optics/jsr41644-jsr-target-4-16x44-px-adj-mil-dot-riflescope.html