well fancy that thatcher was a liar

kdubya

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone really see us leaving europe, not going to happen ukip/tory coalition = ukip selling out as the torys wont agree to bail from europe their strings are pulled by the money men of europe without whom theres no torries

dont get me wrong part of me wants us out of europe but i dont see it happening

deal or no deal :lol:

with ukip it should be all or nothing not shifty deals then at least people could believe in them even if they have not got power

I'm actually not so sure the Farage would turn out to be a sell out artist, he is a very different kettle of fish and quite refreshing to see.

If we do end up with another liebore term we might as well all go to Romania or Bulgaria as this country would be finished without doubt by a return to reckless borrowing.

I'll make a prediction here, now :

Next general election. Overall Conservative majority Government. No coalition.

Why ? Quite simply, although it has been painful, a large number of people have, over the last few years, come to realise just what a stupid fantasy land Blair/Brown were in, and how much the country had gone down the pan. While some of the damage has been repaired, there is a long way to go, and they can see that the Lib Dems are 'labour-lite', holding back the reforms.

Are the Tories perfect ? Not by a long way. But they're a damn sight better than Milliband would be, looking at Labour's finances, and knowing that the unions control those purse strings and want the class war back in full swing.

The Labour party came within a whisker of calling in the receivers a few years ago (bailed out by the unions). They can't even balance their own books, never mind those of the country

Edited by robbiep

Why ? Quite simply, although it has been painful, a large number of people have, over the last few years, come to realise just what a stupid fantasy land Blair/Brown were in, and how much the country had gone down the pan. While some of the damage has been repaired, there is a long way to go, and they can see that the Lib Dems are 'labour-lite', holding back the reforms.

Are the Tories perfect ? Not by a long way. But they're a damn sight better than Milliband would be, looking at Labour's finances, and knowing that the unions control those purse strings and want the class war back in full swing.

The Labour party came within a whisker of calling in the receivers a few years ago (bailed out by the unions). They can't even balance their own books, never mind those of the country

Unfortunately most of the UK don't see it that way. A good proportion of the country are dependent on benefits. I don't mean scroungers, or the permanently unemployed - I mean good honest hard working people who have proper jobs, but still require a handout of some sort or another from the government to make ends meet. The Tories are seen as the ones who will be cutting benefits - so will never get their vote. What they don't realise is that taking money from people, only to give it back to them as 'benefits' is self defeating. A million immigrants keeping wages low hasn't helped those on the bottom end of the income scale either.

+1

Are we going to hear the same " she put people out of jobs and onto benefits" stuff being trotted out?

so its not true? sorry mate it was her that encouraged the use of the incapacity benefit system rather than have people listed as unemployed IE on the dole, this was done in order to keep the unemployed figures to less than 3 million on her watch, it is her benefit culture that the shysters abuse with their panic attack claims etc, and her benefit system that tars the genuine needy with the abusers , like all truths it seems to hurt?

KW

dream on, do you never talk to people? the cons have blown it, a lot like me voted for them in to get liebour out but as I found out with Europe and immigration, I was lied to, I wont be voting for them again, UKIP or bust at least even if UKIP don't get near I KNOW my vote WILL have made a difference

KW

Edited by kdubya

Unfortunately most of the UK don't see it that way. A good proportion of the country are dependent on benefits. I don't mean scroungers, or the permanently unemployed - I mean good honest hard working people who have proper jobs, but still require a handout of some sort or another from the government to make ends meet. The Tories are seen as the ones who will be cutting benefits - so will never get their vote. What they don't realise is that taking money from people, only to give it back to them as 'benefits' is self defeating. A million immigrants keeping wages low hasn't helped those on the bottom end of the income scale either.

Yep. Gordon Brown's "client State". Delusional economics, a pandemic that has swept across Europe and America and the reason why virtually the entire western world is fiscally bankrupt and sliding into irretrievable moral, political and economic decline; and why, what 30 years ago was called the third world is taking over.

so its not true? sorry mate it was her that encouraged the use of the incapacity benefit system rather than have people listed as unemployed IE on the dole, this was done in order to keep the unemployed figures to less than 3 million on her watch, it is her benefit culture that the shysters abuse with their panic attack claims etc, and her benefit system that tars the genuine needy with the abusers , like all truths it seems to hurt?

KW

Maggie, benefit culture?, please show me your reference material to support it. I find myself agree with you more than I used to KW but this seems like fantasy land. The benefits system was in place before Maggie. If anything she wanted to get us to stand on our own two feet both individually and corporately.

There may have been a couple of cases of unintended consequences but they are unavoidable unless we get our crystal balls out.

Unemployment was always going to rise as it has done recently when the Tories hacked back public spending and cut the public sector. No one tars the needy with the abusers, but it's the same excuse that's trotted out all the time to prevent any change in the benefits system.

material to support? my material was living through the thatcher years and seeing 1st hand what she was up to! she deliberately encouraged the switch to long term disability or incapacity benefit to get people off the unemployed stats, just google it, this is an example of what you will get.

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/blog/morgan/#.Usrs8rTb3dU

Nice unbiased view Mr Morgan has put. A career civil servant and politician!

I also lived through those years, did a YTS scheme in '84 in a northern industrial city so am fully aware of what went on. I was out of a job for 3 months max.

They didn't all pay well but they kept the wolf from the door.

The greatest PM since Churchill.

He took on the Fascists and won

She took on the Unions and won

I cant even begin to imagine the kack this country would be in now if she had lost that battle.

She showed the Yanks, the Russians and the Argies that Britain is Great and had more balls than Major, Blair, Cameron, and Clegg put together.

Well said