just acquired a range of decoys - some questions

cpaulc

I have just acquired a duffle bag containing 30ish mixed decoys, a bouncer with wing holder and a large camo net for just £20. - can't argue, id have paid that for the net and bouncer.

Anyway, I've got several shell decoys with the beaks broken off, will this be a huge disadvantage? Ive also got several rubber decyos with the base cut out, these are a bit deformed, but may straighten out with careful use of hot water? There are some full bodies with slots for wings, can you buy the wings and tails separately?

Finally, they could all do with a lick of paint, i' m guessing its best to use matt coat, with the emphasis on the white detail?

Thanks for any advice

Don't worry too much about broken bits and bobs, pigeons will not notice. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you use matt paint the decoys will not shine - they most likely will. This however, doesn't mean they won't pull in the pigeons.

I personally wouldn't bother buying any wings and tails for the full bodied decoys.