Next Weeks Weather

colin.y

looking at a weather site i use Net-Weather

Things are looking to turn alot colder next week ,possibility of some snow as well .

This is a long way off and could well change to warm and wet but the chance is there :lol:

stock up on those cartridges for a good session of pigeon shooting on rape !!! :good:

On even a bit of tracking if we get some of the white stuff. yipppie!!!

Grief talk about wishfull thinking! ??? If you study the reports Snow is NOT on the cards for many of us unless you happen to live above the tree line :lol: Snow in North Wales is a very very very slight possibility. Snow is Hants is very very very unlikely!

For most of us the outlook is wet, wet and more b***** wet :P

However if one looks on the bright side :yp: then Woody should have a good survival rate this winter which means there'll be so many more to shoot come spring ???

Highlander please read my post again i did say a posability for some i didn`t say everywhere and everyone!!! :yp:

hi tiercel

yep good move on making you own mind up ,it was only a thought for anyone not wanting to trapse through loads of sites.

IF And a big IF it did snow i think poggies would start to hit the rape especially any taller crops ,my fingers are well and trully crossed i need some pigeon popping..

ahh the good old metcheck ,mmmm no comment ???

gonna snow in scotland and cumbria tomorrow but the only thing we are short of is RAPE

I don`t think farmers around here know what it is? :yp:

Unless its on a sheep........................

lmao ,got plenty down here if you want some that is oil seed rape ,ohhh if you fancy the other we got a few shheeepppies as well

Sounds good if its true, just what we need!!!

However been out this mornin and yesterday just flighting them, and when i looked at the crop from the birds todays had acorn whilst my birds from yesterday both had rape in them....yes RAPE.

And when we were out today the were sitting up in trees and comin down on it like rain! must of been a good 25+

proof is in the bird:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/pan...-01-07_1628.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/pan...-01-07_1629.jpg

As all the other sites use this as their baseline http://www.metoffice.gov.uk so do I. The general conclusion is that temperatures will continue to remain above average (see the charts for 2006/7) as will rainfall. So if you wanna know what February and March are likely to be like ask an Irishman (they have more experience of the wet than we do :angry: )

As all the other sites use this as their baseline http://www.metoffice.gov.uk so do I. The general conclusion is that temperatures will continue to remain above average (see the charts for 2006/7) as will rainfall. So if you wanna know what February and March are likely to be like ask an Irishman (they have more experience of the wet than we do :angry: )

hi highlander

Well i am into the weather a bit and can read the model outputs like GFS and GEFS.These are what the metoffice use to predict the forcasts you are looking at .I am no expert but i know quiet a few and they are saying it might turn colder with the possability of snow for some of us .I am still behind this today with what the GFS is producing tonight so all we can do is guess and wait,I am 90%confident of it getting colder next week,for some this may last all week not to sure on that one yet

cheers colin

still looking good for cold spell

snow for alot of eastern areas but anyone could see some

this cold spell is set to last about 3 days northern areas sun /wednesday

southeren areas monday /thursday

this cold spell could last alot longer not sure on conclusion yet

hi steve

not sure if you will get enough of a covering to stop poggies getting at maize stubble but we can hope

especially down here ,the highest risk of snow in the south is monday/tuesday possabillity of some wednesday but realistcally a bit far out to judge

good luck though :)

HI folks

just a little update on the weather for later this week.

The cold spell has now arrived and some places have seen wet snow today ,the next two days will see much of the same with snow showers falling just about anywhere but especially down the east coast ,right on the coast cold be sleet but a few miles inland and it should be snow and stick .

As we move into thurs day the risk of some reasonable amounts of snow will transfer to the south east ,a line from the wash to southampton south east of this could well see a prolonged spel of snow and it could be heavy at times .I am not sure how much they could get at this time but for eastern parts of kent it could be upto 10cms(guess).The worst of this should be gone by midday thursday and then by friday temps will increase from the north and by midday saturday the whole country should be frost free .

If you fancy a pop at pigeons in the snow i would be geting out friday if your in the south east.