is it possible to sell guns if police has seized them?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is if you have no revocation letter which allows you 21 days to appeal you have not been revoked !

I am at this moment in a simila position with Essex police, they have decided to revoke my fac and sgc for harassment to an ex over 4 years ago to which I must add was not true hence why the case got dropped .

Essex police have visited me twice in them four years once to change address and once for renewal so why did they not take them then if I was a danger?

They have also lied there back teeth out saying that they could not find me when I was on bail for five months yet in that time I went to court 3 times for ajurnment and to the police station at least twice one of which was for permission to go on holiday which was no problem the court is aprox 100mtrs from the police station, it's a joke...... But not for me as I have sent in my appeal within 21 days and got myself a barrister and a court date and maybe you should do the same !

This is my first post on here but I will let you all know if I win or lose.

Was you revoked or served a section 12

I've been where you r mate I used peter glenser he was excellent who is your council Is it essex as in Chelmsford ??

Peter also wanted to use a solicitor BASC give me his tel no then when I called BASC back and told (..... .....) what price I was quoted he said he is taking the p...

If you win can you claim your costs back against the police firearms dep't?

I guess you can but even though I did nothing wrong the police are just lying .

They gave me a letter for the doc to reply to the doc put I am fine no meds no mental illness and should carry on with my shooting ,

The police are now saying that I am good and can cover it up **** they are now doctors

All I can say is if you have no revocation letter which allows you 21 days to appeal you have not been revoked !

I am at this moment in a simila position with Essex police, they have decided to revoke my fac and sgc for harassment to an ex over 4 years ago to which I must add was not true hence why the case got dropped .

Essex police have visited me twice in them four years once to change address and once for renewal so why did they not take them then if I was a danger?

They have also lied there back teeth out saying that they could not find me when I was on bail for five months yet in that time I went to court 3 times for ajurnment and to the police station at least twice one of which was for permission to go on holiday which was no problem the court is aprox 100mtrs from the police station, it's a joke...... But not for me as I have sent in my appeal within 21 days and got myself a barrister and a court date and maybe you should do the same !

This is my first post on here but I will let you all know if I win or lose.

Did they revoke u on renewal of these certs? Or just come out of blue ?

I know it's a pain but u can still go shooting to a certain level albeit your very limited but perhaps take it on chin write a letter saying you accept the revocation and will be applying again sometime in the near future ! Personally I'd give it a 1 1/2 - 2 years !

Edited by markyboy

First off I am not taking it on the chin! I am in court next month and yes it came out of the blue .

BASC is no help at all, but as of next month they will have insurance for this.

Cancel membership and re-join next month?

Pleased to hear you're fighting this. Let us know how you get on.

The talk of involving lawyers or solicitors or "experts" that you have to pay for brings back horrible memories. I paid out £17,000 to a solicitor firm on an employment dispute. In the end I took it upon myself to resolve the dispute. It takes lawyers ages (and lots of money) to get up to speed on your case. In the end it comes down to the law and common sense.

Write down a full timeline of everything that has happened, dates, conversations, actions etc. Make it as complete as you can. This will give you a timeline of facts, make sure that you back everything up with phone call records, recorded delivery numbers etc. Then make sure you know your position as regards the law. If your guns were taken from you in response to an allegation and that was subsequently found to be untrue then there can be no reason for withholding your guns.

Send a letter to the chief, written in a business like manner, detailing the timeline and pointing out that your guns must be returned to you. Don't go airy fairy on this (not a legal term). Be firm, knowing that the law is on your side. Give a date for the Chief to adhere to, don't leave it open ended. 2 weeks sounds about right. I would state that "unless I receive my guns back within 2 weeks from this date I will be pursuing all means possible under the law to have my property returned to me".

If you want any help with the drafting of any letters then just let me know.