FAC application forms - ammunition question

robbiep

I'm filling in the forms for my FAC application.

Applying for :

22LR rifle - target

22LR - pest control

moderator for pest control 22LR

223 rifle - fox and target (I am a smallholder, and foxes have been a problem)

moderator for 223

On the form (page 3 of the F201 form), the ammuniton page asks for 'Details of the maximum amount of ammunition to be possessed'

Should the differing types of ammunition be listed seperately on this ?

For example, should I put

223 - (solid) - 200 rounds

223 - (expanding) - 100 rounds

Or should it all be lumped in together ?

EDIT : I should add that I am a full member of a target shooting club, and have been for a considerable time, and thus can specify target as 'reason to possess'

Edited by robbiep

As he said.

Also, unless you're going to buy a target Anschutz then it might be worth thinking about an additional moderator for your .22lr that you're planning to use indoors. Almost everyone at my club has a mod for their lr (on their lwsr guns anyway).

Worth consideration as it will be easier to get it now than having to put in for a variation later on if you decide to change your mind.

I don't shoot targets, but my FAC does not distinguish that the ammo is expending or not. That is granted separately in a condition.

I disagree with the above and would add it all together.

How much range work do you do?

I've got 300 CF and 1200 RF so I'd go with that unless you will get through lots down at the range then ask for more. So long as you can justify your reasoning.

It would be daft to be allowed 200 solid and 100 expending and you want to buy 100 rounds of .223 ammo on offer but you have a box full left and can't.

Not seen one of the new forms yet but historically simply list one total specifying EXPANDING. That way you can buy whatever you want and whatever mix and are not restricted by individual solid/exp allowances.

In fact, one does not even need to specify/request expanding as authority to acquire MUST be given when granting for field use.

C

In fact, one does not even need to specify/request expanding as authority to acquire MUST be given when granting for field use.

C

Help me out Charlie, I was not aware that was the case, when did that turn up, I can certainly remember back to the days solid subs were used as a staple for rabbits. Not even sure why it would accompany a field use request, there is no ammo legislation relating to vermin that I am aware of!

It that legislation or guide?

Help me out Charlie, I was not aware that was the case, when did that turn up, I can certainly remember back to the days solid subs were used as a staple for rabbits. Not even sure why it would accompany a field use request, there is no ammo legislation relating to vermin that I am aware of!

It that legislation or guide?

It's in the "guide".

I checked that it was in the new one and am pretty sure it was also in the old one too.

The interesting bit though is that it uses the word must.

4.5 Persons who wish to acquire expanding ammunition for any of these purposes must first

satisfy the chief officer of police that they have a ‘good reason’ to possess a firearm for any
of the above. Once this ‘good reason’ requirement has been satisfied, the shooter’s firearm
certificate or visitor’s permit must be conditioned to include expanding ammunition and, for
home loaders, the bullets for such ammunition. The condition should restrict the use of the
bullets or ammunition to the precise purpose for which it is intended (see Chapter 3 and
4.7). These exemptions apply only to use in England, Wales and Scotland, as Northern
Ireland has their own legislation.

C

It's in the "guide".

I checked that it was in the new one and am pretty sure it was also in the old one too.

The interesting bit though is that it uses the word must.

4.5 Persons who wish to acquire expanding ammunition for any of these purposes must first

satisfy the chief officer of police that they have a ‘good reason’ to possess a firearm for any
of the above. Once this ‘good reason’ requirement has been satisfied, the shooter’s firearm
certificate or visitor’s permit must be conditioned to include expanding ammunition and, for
home loaders, the bullets for such ammunition. The condition should restrict the use of the
bullets or ammunition to the precise purpose for which it is intended (see Chapter 3 and
4.7). These exemptions apply only to use in England, Wales and Scotland, as Northern
Ireland has their own legislation.

C

Cheers

I have a hard copy of the 2002 guide and a hard copy of the new one ordered, I missed that bit somewhere if it is the old one........I have always asked for EXP on the forms!

:good: