Tips on joining a shoot in the Kent area

storsey

Evening Chaps...I have always had a great response on hear to my posts and solid advise so I hope tonight is no exception......

I work abroad ....In the Congo mostly and im away for 6-10 weeks at a time..when im back I have lots of free time mid week to shoot ..usually clays but I want to rough shoot and pigeon shoot more often.

Has any one got any tips on shoots in Kent as on the INTERNET there are many advertised but I don't want to join a shoot that ...well ..gets hammered week in week out , and if I find a decent shoot what should I be paying per year to shoot there.

Thanks Fella's

Hope to hear from you soon

Edited by storsey

If you are looking for land where you exclusively can go when you please, shoot vermin and game, then I think what you are looking for will be way below the radar.

I would suggest you work out an area that suits you for traveling, land type, etc., and then go knocking on farmers doors.

As you are prepared to pay something for the facility, I expect they will hear you out, if they aren't interested they may know someone who is.

I don't know what you would be expected to pay, as I don't know anyone who is paying for that type of exclusive shooting.

If you just want to have a chance at some vermin shooting mid week (when you would probably be the only person on the land), then follow the previous advice , knock on the same doors and it will cost you nothing.

You could try countrysports. To be honest not great shooting but it will get you out and about and some experience. They have a couple of flight ponds for duck etc as well as a couple thousand acres of mixed arable land.

http://countrysports.co/

I'm a member there and seriously thinking of jacking it in this year as the land is getting massively overshot - Too many members and not enough land to go round

Your problem is that you are away working a lot so I can't imagine a farmer would give you exclusive permission as times when they need crop protection you could be overseas. That means you may have to share permission. You may be better off joining a wild fowling club as plenty have pigeon and rough shooting, that way you will get to meet other shooters who may be able to help you. Of course if money no object you could buy the odd day pigeon shooting.

I'm a member there and seriously thinking of jacking it in this year as the land is getting massively overshot - Too many members and not enough land to go round

So do i. I am thinking of jacking it in too but i reckon for the OP it would be ok for a bit of rough shooting. Saying that me an me mate have had a fair few Mallard from one of the flight ponds and i have had a couple of teal too.

Had a Hare last week. Whilst on the morning flight.

Not the best shooting but ok for the odd walk about and one field we saw the other day had a couple of hundred woodies on it.