Delay In Clearing Permission - Ask for Open Cert?

Brad93

Absolute rubbish, if the Land is cleared its cleared there is no need to have it listed on your file as you only need 1 for good reason, which you have got for original firearms grant. Just phone them with the address and ask if the Land is cleared they will tell you over the phone by looking on there computer

I have done just that in the past.

EMAILED FEO in the area that the land was situated ( not my area) and said that I had been asked to help with pest control and what calibre (if any) the land was passed for. Received a reply same day telling me the maximum calibre it was already passed for. Therefore no need at all to be recorded on my information on file.

They will justifiably want to see a few good backstops within that 20 acres in my opinion if you want it for more than FAC air - which is a foot in the FAC door.

Put it this way, if you ask for unsuitable land to be cleared they may well consider you are not sufficiently responsible enough to allow the use of firearms.

I'm not implying that is the case here - but expect a tough time getting 20 acres for rimfire use. If it doesn't cut the mustard for rimfire then just ask for FAC air - for now.

I would do your best with the air rifle while you wait. A 20 acre field is not that bad and think of it a field craft practise :-) Where I used to shoot I would lay out for hours waiting for bunny to come and play and I am not the best at sitting or laying around but when they came it was fun......

As for horses - I shoot for a few yards and horses hate seeing a bunny jump when shot if they can not hear why. But once they understand they are if anything a pain in the butt as they are so nosey. I have a picture of me laying prone in a field with five horses stood around me while I shot the rabbits...... the girls in the yards thought it hilarious. I didn't - an 18 hand horse sniffing your butt because you have polos in your pocket is rather off putting.

Hi mate, the land is suitable. It's similar to my other bit of land in that it all is on a gradient and you're shooting down into the ground.

Right mate you have deemed this land suitable for your rimfires personally i would wait for your visit from your feo and use any delays as an reason for your open ticket.

You have had your FAC for two years and your ammo usage is fine.

As for the size of the land 20acres is fine if you have safe lines of fire i have in the past had less cleared for a Hornet

Atb Lee

Right well it's been another week and I still haven't heard from them should I call my FEO up and say I've spoken to the office staff on numerous occasions no answers, no ETA, still no clearance?

Getting a bit peed off now and the landowner keeps asking when I'm next coming down.

Like has been said above, do you not have a friend with open fac who can help you out util the land is cleared as by the sounds of it your farmer is getting impatient. Until either your fac is opened or the land is cleared you are still going to have to get out more on the rabbits or the farmer will let someone else do it.

A point worth bearing in mind when lamping is that your bunnies will become shot aware quicker with rimfire, so once you start using that it will be harder to get near them with an air rifle.

My advice is keep plugging away with air and fieldcraft till it's been cleared.

No don't know anyone with an FAC, and it kind of defeats the object of me having one if I start taking other people to shoot for me.

The air rifle is currently not shooting right, so it's not ideal at the moment. Needs a checkup with JB

The idea of taking someone with an open fac now is to shoot the rabbits whilst you are waiting for the land to be cleared, once the land is cleared you then go on your own and shoot.

Just rang up, was told they are processing post from the 6th February. I said well that's good as I sent my documents in on 25th January. She checked her system, and guess what, it had been missed. They hadn't even seen the email.

So all the previous times I had phoned up they were just telling me they were behind but hadn't actually checked they had received my email and documents.!

Apparently it she has forwarded it to the FEO, and it will be processed from there. Will be giving BASC a call later I think, and perhaps call my FEO on Wednesday.