The latest EU B######

wabbitbosher

Well that is bad news for you is'nt it ;) , I think many shoots will die off as people wont be prepared to step the extra cost of using non-toxics, or people may just use lead anyway, just like in the fox hunting ban, do it anyway and they may just give up.

And almost nobody puts meat in there mouth and imediately swallow's it, the chanses are that if there is lead in there you will feel your teeth crunching on it as you chew, it is just like fish, there are bones in there so just be carefull, there is lead in there so just be carefull. they used to say chew your fish at least 30 times before you swallow, same with shot game to make shure there is no lead shot in there. Why ban lead for game all together :lol::good::huh::yes::blush::D:P

From a wildfowlers point of view it could be a good thing, as more non toxic gets sold the cost will come down. If they moved to non toxic for clays as well it would really lower the cost.

I'll now put my tin hat on and retreat :huh::blush:

This was reported in the shooting times and the most lead found in a pheasant was still a lot less than could do you any harm. Unless you eat pheasant constant for about 300 years.

Most non toxic shot seems to have plastic wads and I believe I read in sporting shooter that steel is pretty **** for quarry as it is lighter so you have to use a larger shot size to get the same penetration as lead but this then means the shot travels slower as it is larger and has more air resistance as well as being lighter. Bit like throwing a golf ball and a tennis ball in comparison if everything the writer said is true. :good:

FM :lol:

This sounds like utter ****. I can see what they are trying to say, but I still reckon that you stand a bigger chance of getting poisened if you go to the dentist and have an amalgam filling put in.

I'm now seriously thinnking that standing for office as an MP for my "Common Sense" party would be a bloody good idea. Can I count on your votes?