Shotgun Application Potential Problem?

Brooksy789

Hi all,

I've just contacted Nottinghamshire Police HQ as I haven't heard a whisper about my application for 6 weeks since I put it in.

The lovely lady on the end of the phone said my application is with the Sargent and she wasn't sure why it would be? The Sargent isnt back in until tomorrow so advised me to contact her then.

Should I be worried? The way the lady said it was with the Sargent and she wasnt sure why slightly concerned me. Its going it be a long few hours until tomorrow when I can ring and actually get an answer! Hopefully its nothing bad.

Matt

Hi all,

I've just contacted Nottinghamshire Police HQ as I haven't heard a whisper about my application for 6 weeks since I put it in.

The lovely lady on the end of the phone said my application is with the Sargent and she wasn't sure why it would be? The Sargent isnt back in until tomorrow so advised me to contact her then.

Should I be worried? The way the lady said it was with the Sargent and she wasnt sure why slightly concerned me. Its going it be a long few hours until tomorrow when I can ring and actually get an answer! Hopefully its nothing bad.

Matt

I had an issue like this when I moved house and sent in licence to be changed. Turned out that there was some violence on my street including a police call out to the house I moved into. It turned out it was the previous tenant's son and he was a odd character anyhow. Quick chat and all was ok.

Don't know if it's similar, but just call and ask - as long as you haven't any skeletons in your closet that you haven't disclosed then you shouldn't have a problem at all.

I had an issue like this when I moved house and sent in licence to be changed. Turned out that there was some violence on my street including a police call out to the house I moved into. It turned out it was the previous tenant's son and he was a odd character anyhow. Quick chat and all was ok.

Don't know if it's similar, but just call and ask - as long as you haven't any skeletons in your closet that you haven't disclosed then you shouldn't have a problem at all.

Nope disclosed everything right down to speeding fines. Never had any run ins with the law or a criminal conviction. Area is a good area and were in a brand new house first owners.

Suppose ill find out tomorrow. Cant think of anything at all it could be as ive been 100% open and honest

Nope disclosed everything right down to speeding fines. Never had any run ins with the law or a criminal conviction. Area is a good area and were in a brand new house first owners.

Suppose ill find out tomorrow. Cant think of anything at all it could be as ive been 100% open and honest

Its bound to be a minor technicality - i would't worry about it!

Turns out there was nothing wrong at all although im still in for a big wait.

The Sargent has said due to cut backs she's lost members of staff combined with a back log of applications and renewals (obviously renewals taking priority over applications) im to expect at least another 2 months wait!

Oh well time to wait some more! My application was put in on 10th Jan so its going to be at least 15 weeks or so before I even get an interview, got to love Nottinghamshire Police :)