First deer

Olliesims

With the weather looking good I had made plans with camokid (Andy) to finally get out and get my first deer, we arrived at 4.15 to find a gentleman just leaving who had been walking his dogs, he told us that there was aload of roe in one of the fields close by, after a quick look around we found a group of 8 grazing quite close to the hedge line, after stalking in to a few hundred yards, they winded us and quickly disappeared into thin air, the rain started so we carried on walking around to the lambing shed to see if there was anything else about, nothing showed, as we started walking back to the car to get the lamps eagle eye andy noticed that the roe had reappeared in the same field as before, with the light fading quick, we made ground quickly using the hedge line to our advantage, at this point the wind picked up changing direction with heavy rain following, only 2 of the group were still grazing with the others led in the hedge line 200 yards away, the light had nearly gone when the rest of the group stood up and started walking towards us, when this doe presented herself at 120 yards, I took the shot, she ran 20 yards before dropping, the group froze and looked in our direction, there was a opportunity for a second shot, but decided to let them be for another day, a big thank you to andy for the tips and experience he shared, now I'm looking forward to my second

4B6333E3-A86A-4AC0-A589-4CEFB4D814E4.jpg