Informing police

Shooting2

Hi guys, its in my local telegraph (Grimsby) that shooters should ring 101 before going out shooting to inform police you will be out. As it says armed police where called to a legitimate shooter after public rang police. I have done this a few times before but only when we was going wher there is houses in the distance!

Just wondered what you guys think and if you ring in every time you go out?

It would save a lot of hassle at the Police end of things should they get a call

When we asked about shooting clays off the back of a boat the FAO did recommend that we should give the local police a ring to let them know and have a list of license numbers to hand to give them if they ask.

This is somthing i do on my permission most of the time.

Night time shooting on a golf course - all of the time (course rules as well)

Night time shooting on a farm - all of the time, to many doo gooders about hearing gun shots (HMR rifle)

Day time shooting on a farm - dont bother as a shotgun in common arount that area.

Or though i was reported last week to the police and land owner as i was seen with a gun in a field. To which the land owner said to the said walkers he (i) have every right to be there and do what im doing. Would not mind but i even said hello to said walkers

If you think somone is going to call / report you then it makes sence to ring 101 for the 2 mins it takes etc.

Michael