LATEST KNIFE (thanks to johnphillip)

bazzab

Hi all.

Well Johnphillip very kindly sent me some stunning bits of bog oak when I lost my wee doggy. I was blown away by his kindness. So ive finally finished the knife and sheath. After trying to get it as spot on as I could.

A MASSIVE MASSIVE thank you to Johnphillip what an amazing thing to do. I am truley grateful sir.

Heres the knife and sheath. Please bear in mind its my 1st ever sheath attempt and onky 2nd ever knife. All hand carved and sanded. Approx 20 coats of tru oil all Flattened with 1500 grit wet paper before next coat. Final coat flattened and polished up with Fracela g3 cutting compound. The brass bit was a bloom8ng pain to hand file took ages. Worth it though I think.

Sheath cut from veg tan leather, all hand stitched, finished off with few coats of Fiebings black dye. Feel the sheath could be a bit tidier will get it better with next one. Photo doesnt really show the detail I put in along side of stitching.

What ya think guys?

20140319_205508.jpg

20140319_205523.jpg

20140319_205613.jpg

20140319_205622.jpg

Edited by bazzab

Gorgeous piece of timber you have there :good: Is the shape comfortable in the hand?

Pretty good fit and finish on the ferrule as well - always a difficult bit to get right.

Very impressed with the sheath - for a first go that's very tidy.

Punched or drilled stitch holes?

And are you feeling the itch to do another one yet? :yes:

Thank You chaps very kind.

I drilled the holes with me dremel jobby. The ferrule was a right pain.

Shape fits my hand like a glove mate. Already started next one mate haha. Ssssoooooo adictive. Helle harding blade.

To be honest FalconFN im not sure mate I purchased it a while ago. Its got a lovely finish and has sharpened a treat. Going to use it as skinning knife mainly.

Hoy give me that wood back. You done well youngman thats amazing a piece of wood maybe 2000 to 3000 years of age has come back to life. M,y pleasure to see you have put it to good use

Thank you mate. That means a lot you like it. Loved making it. And I call it the Ellie knife. Blooming hec I had no idea it was that old. Thats immense.

That an Amazaing pice of Wood and you have done an Amazaing job with it!!! Love the Case as well Congrats All Around Well Done Bazzab!!!

11/10 ;-). Now when you starting Mine lol 1st Class

Wow now thats a review haha. Thank you very much buddy. Appreciate that.