.22 Rim Help please

kipper

bobt what length did you have yours shortened to mate.

Thats why I dont want a rifle with a long barrel. some of the land we shoot the farmer leaves us enough room down the side of his fields to drive arround at night popping the bunnys off from the 4x4. :good:

Another advantage is a reduced weight. it helps when out on foot lugging a tank about on ya shoulder :blush:

Thank's

kipper :lol:

he took 7 inch offthe end,

Oooerr :lol:

I just rang Edgar brothers to find out what left hand CZ they do and they only do 2 models. :P

A CZ 11 Delux 24" barrel :P

And A CZ American 22" barrel :P

I would have prefered 16" barrel and if I get the barrel shortened to 16" the warrenty is void.

:P:blush:

Kipper :/

My 22LR is a 22" barrel American or as I have found out possibly Classic, shoots well with winchester sub sonic ammo, lethal on buggs.

Kip will this be your first rimfire rifle, which ever rifle you get make sure it is has a threaded barrel so that a moderator can be fitted to silence the gun, subs are quiet when fired normally but when fired through a moderator, all you hear is the sound of the bullet striking one unlucky rabbit, all you hear of the actual gun is the click of the firing pin, hitting the round.

Get a sako moderator, they are plastic but they are reliable and silence very well, make sure you get a proofed silencer as regular 22cal airgun silencers will silence a 22LR as the bullet diameter is the same, it is illegal to use a unproofed silencer on a FAC rifle.

I you were to get stopped, your insurance would be invalid and you would be up the creak without a paddle sinking into one huge law suit.

Yes Steve it will be my first .22 Rim, I am just waiting for my certificate to come. I am just a bit peedoff about the lack of options / choise for left handed shooters. :/:blush:

FEO did my home visit last thursday and he said it should be 2 weeks so hopefully by this time next week I will have it. :P

thanks for the advice steve, I have also been told that SAK mods are good my mate has one on his Ruger 10/22 SA. :P

I may consider a Anschutz as they seem to have more of a choise in L/H rifles. I think Sako do a left hand version .22 Rim aswell.

Thanks again mate. :P

Kipper :P

"Get a sako moderator, they are plastic but they are reliable and silence very well, make sure you get a proofed silencer as regular 22cal airgun silencers will silence a 22LR as the bullet diameter is the same, it is illegal to use a unproofed silencer on a FAC rifle."

Probably gone off track, but i have always wondered why some moderators are proofed and some are not and yet as far as i am aware it is legal to use either on FAC

Sloopster oops sorry on the red wine :blush::/

it is illegal to use a unproofed silencer on a FAC rifle.

no its not.

I was told this when I bought my CZ, from a gun shop owner, he told me that because you have to put down that you want a mod on your FAC then it is classed as a firearm, and must be proofed, he said it was ILLEGAL, he said it was illegal but he said nobody hardly takes any notice.