Hold

HEAD OR NOTHING

Just ordered a BSA comet,Hawke HD MAP scope,Pellets

CAn't wait to hunt tomorow but what is the correct hold for a springer and whats the follow through

<_<:lol::lol:

Better off doing some target practice first, then when you can place your shots in the bull @25-30 yards, then maybe you should go hunting :lol:

Just ordered a BSA comet,Hawke HD MAP scope,Pellets

CAn't wait to hunt tomorow but what is the correct hold for a springer and whats the follow through

<_<:lol::lol:

Better off doing some target practice first, then when you can place your shots in the bull @25-30 yards, then maybe you should go hunting :lol:

Im with kip on this one, better to spend some time with your new rifle shooting paper and finding the right pellets for your barrel :lol: , If you go haring into a hunt the first chance you get then theres a good chance you may end up with an empty bag to show for it, or wounded quarry :lol:

Patience and practice and you'll be miles better off for it. As for holding a springer, it's really up to the individual i think, my grip on a springer is slightly more relaxed than a pcp or co2, suppose it depends how much recoil the comet gives you.

Best of luck anyway buddy.

:lol:

i found with my BSA Lightning that to firm of a grip would give you shotgun type groupings hehe. I tried a lighter grip (which I didn't think would be as good tbh because of the recoil) but my groupings were spot on.

Like Pin has mentioned, I would believe that the hold would be different for others.

Plusss. . . Like another mentioned, if you don't know what your capable of and you don't know what groupings you can achieve with any given rifle then you should NOT be hunting. You need to practice first putting holes in paper untill you can get decent enough groupings at 25-30 yards to make sure you get a painless, instant kill on your quarry.

Just relax when shootin an try to keep control of your breathing (dont stop) just relax and let the little kick back follow through by keepiny your eye on the the target throgh the entire shot so as to minimise the jerk action that goes with a springer, just my ideas but the most important thing is to be a safe happy shooter have fun .

Just relax when shootin an try to keep control of your breathing (dont stop) just relax and let the little kick back follow through by keepiny your eye on the the target throgh the entire shot so as to minimise the jerk action that goes with a springer, just my ideas but the most important thing is to be a safe happy shooter have fun .

oh and adding to this, don't snatch the trigger, just pull it gently and when you have fired the shot, keep the trigger depressed for a second then release. It definately makes a difference (makes more of a difference using a real rifle at range though, used to follw the information kind of above but we were told to breath in and out gently so that the sight is moving up and down. half way through an inhalation to hold the breath and take the shot. worked for me, My best grouping was about the size of a £2 pound piece at 150 metres which isn't bad with an SA80 and susat (spelling) sights <_<

you would be amazed at the whole eye down the sight till you seen the impact method, the difference it made to me is incredible. After some wierd groupings, ie a shotgun at 50yds lol i tried it due to cyber mentioning it and now, vola much better!

hehe, glad I could help Naddan, it is definately a very noticable change (it was for me) I can easily clover leaf my shots at 30-40 yards and most of the time at 50 although I rarely shoot at 50yards. You will mostly notice a bigger difference in the groupings at longer distances such as the 50 yards you have mentioned <_<

have had a lightning for over two years great rifle,but,it took me about six months to come anywhere huntig standard . have now got s10 bb carbine still go back to the lightning though just for the challenge ,if you can shoot a springer well ,pcp rifles are apiece of 8888 :blush:

cmon snakebite i allways look for your imput right or wrong :/